in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, December 7, 2017

ARC Review: Everest by S.L. Scott


I have enjoyed several books from S.L. Scott and Everest sounded so good, so I knew I had to read it. I really liked it and was glad I read it. If you are new to her books, I would recommend checking them out as she is a great writer and her characters are easy to fall in love with.

Ethan Everest and Singer Davis met and hit it off, but a missed opportunity had them going their separate ways and only running into each other on occasion. But a year later, Ethan isn't ready to let her go again. Though he knows his life is complicated and it would be best if he walked away, he finds it impossible. But can they have a second chance when his secrets threaten to destroy everything between them? 

I really liked these two together. I thought that they were good for one another and I loved seeing them support and be there for each other. They were easy to like and root for, and I liked that they had layers to them. There was more than met the eye, and I enjoyed seeing them get to know one another and let the other in. They had great chemistry and I felt like their connection was genuine and believable. 

There were a few things I struggled with though and that was what kept this one from being a five star read for me. I felt like the first half of the book was a bit slow, and with Ethan being indecisive and sending mixed signals it got a bit old. The other thing that I had issues with was the amount of drama that took place, especially the second half of the book. It felt a bit like things went off the rails and I struggled with everything that was happening. I also didn't really understand why Ethan hadn't gone for Singer the first night they met when he was into her. I don't understand what made him leave and go after Dariya in the first place. I still liked the story and the characters, but there were just a few things that kept me from really loving this book. I still think readers will enjoy Ethan and Singer's story and it is one that I liked quite a bit.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | 




0 comments :

Post a Comment