in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, November 6, 2017

ARC Review: American King by Sierra Simone


American King is the third and final installment in Sierra Simone's New Camelot Trilogy, and to say that I have been waiting for this book for what seems like forever would be a huge understatement. Not only was this definitely my most anticipated book this year, but I have basically been waiting for it since I first read American Queen. To say this series is amazing doesn't do it justice, but Sierra Simone is a genius and honestly I would read anything by her at this point. 

American King picks up after the events of American Prince. If you haven't read American Queen and American Prince, you need to read those two books first. This isn't a standalone, and you definitely will want to start at the beginning. I'm not going to go into details of this book so as not to spoil anything, but this book centers more on Ash and I couldn't not have been more excited to get to know more about our king. 

The characters in this series are so well thought out. Each have so many layers, with a history and depth that make them impossible not to relate to or fall for. While their circumstances are not something I could relate to, I found that they each had something about them that I could. My love for Ash, Embry and Greer just continued to grow here, and I really felt like we got to see so much growth and change for all of them over the course of this series. I feel like after reading American King that I understood each of them better and Sierra Simone brought everything full circle. We knew from the first two books that these three had chemistry and a connection, but the question was always whether or not that was enough to overcome everything that stood in their way, and I felt like Sierra Simone did them justice and this series ended in a way that was true to the characters. 

Overall, I don't have the words to describe just how amazing this series is, but it is definitely one of my all time favorites. This series was sexy and super emotional, taking the reader through many highs and lows. It was so worth the ride though as Sierra Simone broke us down and put us all back together in a way that only she could. I really felt like this was a journey for not only the characters but for the reader as well. It was beautiful and heartbreaking, and so freaking hot that I couldn't put each of these books down. If you haven't read this series yet, drop everything and get these books. If you have started this series, this conclusion is a must read and you will not be disappointed. Sierra Simone is such a talented writer, and I have loved everything I have read from her. Her ability to write original stories as well as to take a well known and classic tale and make it her own in a modern setting proves just how impressive she is and I really hope that she never quits writing as it is obvious that this is what she is meant to do. If you are new to her books and like well written and steamy stories, you have got to give her books a shot.

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |




0 comments :

Post a Comment