in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 1, 2017

ARC Review: On A Tuesday by Whitney G.


Alright I have to start by saying that I have loved Whitney G.'s books since I first read Reasonable Doubt. I couldn't wait for On A Tuesday as I also love Adele, so when I first heard it was inspired by her song When We Were Young I was so excited. Whitney has decided to make this the first book in a series of standalones, called the One Week series. Each will be based on a different day of the week, inspired by a different Adele song, and each will be different romance tropes. While I couldn't put this book down and I still love Whitney G., I had some issues with this story. 

Grayson and Charlotte met on a Tuesday, and things didn't get off to a great start. But when she is assigned to tutor him, they eventually become friends and then lovers, also on a Tuesday. They begin planning their future together, law or art school for her, and professional football for him. But then everything fell apart, of course on a Tuesday. Now seven years later with no contact from each other, it is once again a Tuesday when they find themselves face to face. 

I will admit that for most of the story I loved Grayson and felt as though he was the more likable of the two here. Not knowing what went down or the reason for these two falling apart, I was more on team Grayson. Charlotte came off as prickly and cold, while claiming to be the hurt one. But Grayson was easier to like and also claimed to be the hurt one. Once I had found out all that had happened though, I immediately felt for Charlotte. I can't imagine going through what she did, and I am sure that I would be much the same as her if it had happened to me. With the truth finally revealed, I have to say that I was a bit pissed at Grayson. It wasn't entirely his fault, but I also really struggle with how things went down, how he handled them, and the fact that his lack of action at times was what ultimately led to everything going wrong. I didn't want to feel that way, but he kind of had himself to blame. These two had chemistry and a connection, but without spoiling anything, there were just so many things that had me scratching my head and wondering how they let some of this happen! 

Overall, I couldn't put it down and I felt like these two had a genuine connection and chemistry. But there were so many things that just didn't really make sense to me and I struggled so much with that! How could Grayson let these things happen, and just not handle anything himself? How could he just let it all go after everything and not really handle the cause of the problem? How could he be with someone else so soon after having his heart broken, even if it was for publicity only? Especially when he was supposedly waiting for Charlotte to come back to him? So many things just didn't really ring true for me here and as much as I wish I could move past them, days later I am still questioning Grayson's actions. The ending was also pretty abrupt and like I mentioned before everything was pretty much swept under the rug as no big deal so that it could all be tied up with a nice neat bow. I mean great for them that seven years later they wound up back together, but for me there was so much that had happened in between and to cause those lost years that should have been better dealt with and I felt like that didn't happen here at all. Not my favorite from Whitney, but it appears that mine is an unpopular opinion, so it's worth giving the shot if this sounds like one you might like.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | iTunes | 




0 comments :

Post a Comment