in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, September 21, 2017

ARC Review: Love Profound by Kelly Elliott


Love Profound is the second book in the Cowboys & Angels Series by Kelly Elliott. Each book is a standalone story and is easily understood on their own. Though I will say that the charactes are interconnected and for full enjoyment I would recommend reading in order if possible, even though it isn't necessary. I am loving this family that Kelly has created and I am looking forward to more in this world. 

Amelia is the baby of the Parker family and while she writes romance, she doesn't believe in it. After having her heart broken, she prefers to keep it to her stories. Wade is trying to figure out what to do next with his life, so when he gets an opportunity to change his scenery he jumps at the chance. When Amelia and Wade meet, they both find themselves drawn to one another. But can Wade show Amelia that love is real and can be found in more than just her books? 

I will admit that I struggled at times with this book, and part of that was Amelia. Though I love the Parker family and this world that Kelly has created, I found it hard at times to relate to Amelia. She came off a bit immature at times and that didn't help anything for me. I really liked Wade though, and he made up for a lot of that. He was sweet and genuinely good, and that is something I find irresistible in a hero. He had been through a lot, and it was great to see him moving forward with his life after it all. These two did have chemistry and a connection, but I wasn't fully invested because of Amelia. 

While I did enjoy this book, it didn't have quite the same feel as the first in the series did for me. Besides Amelia, I wasn't entirely sure why the Liam situation was even a part of this story. It felt unnecessary and as though there really wasn't a reason for it. I also felt like there really wasn't much conflict at all here in this story, and that had it feeling a bit flat for me. While I did still like the story, it just didn't have the spark that I normally feel with Kelly's books. I will say though that she definitely knows how to write heroes that are swoon worthy and impossible not to fall for and that was definitely the case with Wade. This one was good, and I think fans of the first book will enjoy this one.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes




0 comments :

Post a Comment