in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, August 18, 2017

ARC Review: Absinthe by Winter Renshaw


After reading Absinthe by Winter Renshaw, I can't believe that this was the first book I have read of hers. I was originally drawn in by the blurb and the forbidden aspect of the story, but I couldn't put it down once I started. It was well written and captivating, and I will definitely be checking out more by Winter Renshaw.

Halston and Ford met through a dating app called Karma. As the users of the app chat (they can only contact one user at a time) they earn Karma points that unlock different features such as the ability to email or call one another. The app allows its users to find the exact type of relationship they are looking for without putting themselves at risk before they are ready. Ford and Halston weren't looking for anything serious, but the connection between them grew as they got to know each other as Kerouac and Absinthe. But when the summer ends and Halston begins her senior year, they are both shocked when she arrives in Ford's office as principal of her school and they discover that the best phone sex of their lives was each other. 

I loved that this wasn't your standard teacher/student forbidden romance story. This book was emotional and sexy, and Winter Renshaw created characters and a story that was deep and complex. I really enjoyed seeing the layers peeled back here as we got to know Ford and Halston and all that each of them had been through. I felt so connected to the characters and all that they had been through. The chemistry was off the charts, but it was so much more than that. These two connected in a way that neither of them ever could with anyone else, and it was so obvious that they were perfect for one another. 

Overall, I loved this story! I couldn't out this book down and read it in one sitting. Winter Renshaw has gained a new fan in me after Absinthe, and I can't wait to get more from her in the future as well as go back and read some of her previous books. I really love stories that begin through social media or communication were they haven't met in person, and this was unlike any that I have read before. I highly recommend this book and I think readers are going to love Ford and Halston as much as I did.

**ARC Provided by Ardent PRose**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | iTunes




1 comments :