in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, June 12, 2017

ARC Review: The Clover Chapel by Devney Perry


I have been hearing great things about Devney Perry's writing, so I couldn't wait to get my hands on The Clover Chapel. While this is the second book in her Jamison Valley series, each book is a standalone story with interconnected characters. I hadn't read The Coppersmith Farmhouse before reading The Clover Chapel, but the first thing I did after finishing The Clover Chapel was go and buy The Coppersmith Farmhouse. Seriously this book was that good! I am a little late to the party with Devney Perry, but I was blown away with this book and I can't wait to get more in this beautiful world she has created! 

 Nick and Emmy met and fell in love one night in Vegas, but the next morning Nick left Emmy behind and they went nine years without contact. Nick had his reasons for leaving Emmy, though it broke both of their hearts. Now nine years later, Emmy is ready to start living her life for herself and makes the decision to leave New York behind for a quiet life in Montana where she will be a teacher, the job she has always wanted despite the fact that her father has never approved. The one thing she didn't plan on though was coming face to face with the man that broke her heart and that she has never been able to get over. Nick knows that this is his second chance with Emmy, and he won't make the mistake of letting her go again. But can he show her that he is worth taking another chance on, and can he keep her safe when a threat from his past threatens the future they might possibly have together?

I absolutely loved these two. Nick and Emmy's love happened super fast. They spent a single night together and that was it for them. It was so real and genuine though, and I had absolutely no trouble believing that their love was the kind that is once in a lifetime. I hated the heartache that they each experienced with Nick's decision to leave, but I did see what he was trying to do when he left her. I didn't like it at all, and I wish he would have talked to Emmy but I was just so glad that they had another chance. I loved that Emmy left everything behind to do what she was passionate about. She wasn't afraid to do what she loved and she was so kind and caring. Nick and Emmy just fit together, and it was clear that the love between them was what was important and with the time and circumstances that could have kept them apart it hadn't diminished. These two had so much chemistry and the attraction was obvious, but their connection was true and rare and I couldn't get enough. 

Once I started this book, I just couldn't put it down and I loved every bit of it. The romance was sweet and heartwarming, even though it took some heartbreaking moments to get there. The plot had enough suspense and twists to keep the reader interested and on the edge of their seat. The cast of characters was rich and likable, with each one of them having a purpose. I loved seeing the progress that so many of them made over the course of this book, and I just can't say enough good things about this story. The Clover Chapel was fantastic, and if you are a fan of contemporary romance, this is definitely a book that I recommend you read. I was new to Devney Perry before this story, but she will be one that I look forward to from here on out.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment