in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

ARC Review: Cheater's Regret by Rachel Van Dyken


Cheater's Regret is the second book in the Curious Liaisons series by Rachel Van Dyken. Fans of the first book in the series will recognize Austin and Thatch, but if you haven't read the first book this one can easily be read as a standalone. I am a huge fan of RVD's, but I am always a bit skeptical when it comes to cheaters. If anyone could pull it off though, I knew it was RVD and I ended up really liking this one. 

Austin Rogers thought that she had found the one that she could spend her life with, but then he cheated on her and dumped her as though she was the one in the wrong. Her new mission becomes revenge on Thatch Holloway for how he broke her heart. But when she needs help with a school project for her MBA, she knows that she needs help from Thatch as he is a plastic surgeon and will draw the interest she needs. As much as Austin is hurting, she also can't help but still want Thatch even though she knows that he will just break her heart again. Thatch had his reasons for doing what he did, knowing that it was hurt Austin and push her away from him forever. As much as he wishes things were different, he knows that he made the right choice when he still has a secret that would destroy not only Austin, but any chance they might have at a future together. 

I really liked these two, even though I was worried about whether or not I would like Thatch at first. Once we got to know him more though, it was clear that there was so much more to the story. Thatch and Austin were really good together, and I really felt their connection and chemistry. My heart broke for Austin and how hurt she was by everything, especially since she had no clue what was really going on. I just wanted everything to come out and for her to finally get some answers, but I knew that Thatch was really trying to protect her in his own way. I was just hoping that everything would work out in the end and that whatever was going on wouldn't destroy their chance at something together in the future.

Overall, this was one I couldn't put down and I read it in pretty much one sitting. I felt really connected to these characters and Rachel Van Dyken has a way of telling a story that is unlike anyone else. She always has me laughing out loud and is great at delivering all the feels as well. I know that some might be scared off my the title and the fact that there was cheating involved, but trust me when I say that this is so much more than that and worth taking the chance on.

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment