in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

ARC Review: Cole by Tijan


I haven't read much from Tijan yet, but I absolutely loved the Carter Reed books. So when I saw that she was writing Cole, another Mafia story, I couldn't wait to read this one! Cole is a standalone story, though it was great to see some familiar faces. I really enjoyed reading it from start to finish, and I didn't want to put this one down!

Addison is a bit broken and lost, but the first time she lays eyes on Cole, she feels something inside her shift. Though she didn't know who he was, she knew that he was different. But after she meets him in her new apartment building, things begin to change for her as she starts to spend time with him. Though at first he won't tell her much about him, she soon learns that he is so much more than just the sexy guy that she can't stop thinking about and nothing is like what she thought.

I really loved these two. Things were very quick with them, and their connection was instant. Honestly though, it felt very genuine to me. These two just had a spark that felt right between them, and it really felt like they were meant to know one another. I was so glad that Cole was able to help bring Addison back to life after all she had been through. She needed someone to show her how to really live again, and Cole was perfect for the job. Cole needed someone to love him and support him, and Addison was as perfect for him as he was for her. These two had great chemistry and I couldn't get enough of them. 

The one thing I will say about this book is that I really enjoyed the side characters with the exception of one, and she was what kept this book from being a five star read for me. As much as I tried to like her and see the best in her, Addison's best friend Sia was one I just couldn't warm up to. I loved the rest of the characters, including the guy that Sia was with. But honestly she was a terrible friend, and apologizing over and over didn't make it okay. She was there at moments that Addison needed her, but she also continued to neglect Addison and blow her off when they had plans, and I just couldn't get past that and started to cringe anytime she was in a scene. Other than Sia though, I really loved this book and highly recommend it. Tijan has yet to disappoint me and I can't wait to read more from her!

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 


0 comments :

Post a Comment