in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Review: Undisputed by A.S. Teague


I was given the chance to read Undisputed by A.S. Teague completely blind through the Quirky Blind Date with a Book group. This was so much fun for me, and this gave me the opportunity to take a chance on a book and author that I might never have otherwise. When you sign up for a Quirky Blind Date with a Book, you pick the book based on a brief line about the book without knowing anything else about it. This one immediately grabbed my attention and while I did like this book there were a few things that kept me from fully loving it.

When MMA champ Brec meets Sidney, he knows that she isn't his type at all. Yet he finds himself drawn to her in a way that he has never been drawn to anyone before. When he meets her sick nephew and realizes all that Connor and Sidney are facing, Brec realizes that for the first time he wants something else for his life. But when their world is turned upside down, can they figure out a way to survive together or will their growing connection end before it ever really starts? 

While I liked Brec at times, I struggled with his character as well. He was a total cocky manwhore at the beginning of this story, and while he did get better over the course of this book I did still have some issues with how he acted. There was one specific incident that truly pissed me off, and that was when he first introduced Sidney to Rebecca. I would have never been okay with what he did, and I felt like it was completely glossed over and swept under the rug. (Kind of like several things here) I also struggled with Sidney at times, though I did like her character. She was great with her nephew Connor, but when it came to her sister Abby, she was a complete pushover. She never really stood up to her, letting Abby get away with being completely absent while her son was sick. The one time she actually stood up to her, Abby gave an excuse and Sidney immediately backed off and things were fine. I just couldn't fully get over it, and it was really hard for me to relate to any of these characters. There was chemistry between Brec and Sidney, but I didn't fully buy into their connection. I just felt like it wasn't very deep and we didn't see it fully form. 

Overall, this one was just okay for me. I did like Connor, he stole absolutely every scene that he was in and was adorable. I loved his attitude and the fact that he embraced his situation and went about things the best he could. His character was inspiring and he made this book. I just wish that Sidney and Brec had been as great as he was. I also thought that Tripp and Rebecca were together throughout this entire book, but then I was looking into things after finishing and Rebecca has a book with someone else which completely threw me off. I don't know if I was oblivious the whole way through and just missed something or if something happened, but I have to say that I am completely confused now. I am definitely interested in reading it now though to see what happens with Rebecca and to see how things are progressing for all these characters after the end of this one. I think that A.S. Teague has a lot of promise, and there were a lot of things to like here. It just wasn't fully there for me though, and in the end I just liked it instead of loving it.

**Review Copy Provided by Quirky Blind Date with a Book**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle


0 comments :

Post a Comment