in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, January 29, 2017

ARC Review: Gravity by Lauren Runow


Gravity is the first book that I have ever read from Lauren Runow, so I went into this one not knowing entirely what I should expect. While there were things that I enjoyed here, I did have mixed feelings about the book. The one thing I will say is that the author said that this wasn't your normal friends to lovers story, and that is true. This book spans a large amount of time in which the characters are apart and real life takes them on a real and often raw journey. 

Trevin and Lily grew up next door to each other. Though they were different, they had a special connection that drew them to one another and they found that they understood and supported one another no matter what. They became everything to each other, but once Trevin's dream and the fame and fortune that came with it took over, Lily lost herself. Trevin knew that Lily was no longer the same as he remembered after everything that they had been through, but he also knew that he needed her. Can Trevin show Lily that he is the man she needs?

I liked Trevin and Lily for one another, and they had so much history. Their connection was there from the start, and it was clear just how much they meant to one another. Yet I was also really frustrated with them at times. I didn't like how Trevin treated Lily at times. I didn't like how Lily handled that and let him treat her. But even while they irritated me, I never stopped rooting for them. I really felt like they belonged together, though I wasn't always happy with the path that their relationship took. 

I will say that I felt like something was missing here, and the story fell a bit flat for me. I don't know exactly what I was expecting, but this one was a bit different than I had thought it would be. I Think part of my problem was how Trevin treated Lily and the fact that it took her so long to really stand up for herself, and by the time it happened I was sort of over it. Too little, too late. While there wasn't cheating, these two were apart and in the world of music that comes with sex, drugs and rock and roll. I understand when characters aren't together that they will hook up with others and for the most part that doesn't usually bother me, but it did a little here and I know that isn't entirely fair of me to be upset about it. They weren't together so it wasn't cheating, but it did bother me and I had a tough time getting over some of that. All in all, this one was okay for me. I wouldn't turn down another book from Lauren Runow, but I don't know if I would run out to get another either. I think if you like rockstar romance and second chances, this one might be worth taking a chance on. While it wasn't my favorite, it might be one that works for you.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N




0 comments :

Post a Comment