in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

ARC Review: Bend by Molly McLain


Bend is the first book I have read from Molly McLain and it is also the first book in her new Vegas Heat series. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to more in this series. While there were a few things that kept this one from being 5 stars for me, there was so much to like here as well in this sexy enemies to lovers story. 

Trent is a cop that everyone knows is a hardass. He doesn't take any shit and he definitely doesn't care who you are, if you break the law you have to deal with the consequences. Though Trent respects his Captain, his daughter is a spoiled princess that rubs him the wrong way. But when Kinsey finds out that someone is stealing from the lingerie store she manages, she reluctantly calls the cops and finds herself forced to work with Trent. 

I really liked this book in huge part to the characters. They had great chemistry and I loved the vibe between them. They started off on such opposite sides, and their relationship was one that evolved naturally. I loved that it wasn't rushed and that they became friends before they became lovers. Things were smoking hot between them and I just couldn't get enough! Trent didn't believe himself to be good, and it was really interesting to see his character grow and change over the course of the book.

Overall, this was a great story and I really loved the characters. As much as I loved Trent and Kinsey, I really liked the secondary characters as well. I am definitely looking forward to seeing as some of them get their own stories and we get more of tihs world. This was my first book by Molly McLain, but it won't be my last. I recommend giving this one a shot if you like sexy contemporary stories. While this is the first in the Vegas Heat series, each one will be an interconnected standalone.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment