in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

ARC Review: Race the Darkness by Abbie Roads


Abbie Roads packs a delightfully heart-wrenching punch with her debut novel, and I’m already anticipating the second installment in her Fatal Dream Series, Hunt the Dawn. When Xander Stone, the sought-after criminal investigator saves an unknown woman from unimaginable horrors, he never expected the experience to be eye-opening, let alone life-changing. He never knew the voice he’d always heard was a Siren’s Song that would lead him into becoming her savior. Xander suspected that he would be bereft of love for the rest of his days, tortured by his ability to hear the thoughts of others, baring a constant burden within. Instead, he finds his world turned into all sorts of crazy as he realizes that not only is he inexplicably tied to the victim, but that she may be the key to making his weakness necessary strength.

Isleen Walker, a woman who has been violated by any means necessary while held captive never thought she would be saved, let alone by the man who stars in her dreams of escapism. Fortunately for her, Xander is tangible, corporeal, and more than just a mere hope of illusion. However, evil lurks in unexpected places, waiting to envelope her new found happiness, and seal her fate; death. It will take her unexpected will, her unwavering faith, her tempestuous attitude, her infinite capacity for love, and her unique power to stop the darkness. Furthermore, it will take her and Xander as well as their connection, to serve justice and stop the evil that seeks to claim them both. Will they be able to hold tight to one another and put faith in why they’ve been brought together? You’ll have to read to find out!

If you read it, it will be so worth it! This novel is dark, gritty, disturbing, creepy, sexy, sweet, humorous, and utterly wonderful! There were quite a few twists and turns, which always provides moments of angst while our brains attempt to catch up with the directional change. I had, “What the ****,” moments. I had moments where I smiled. I had moments where I swooned. I had moments where I gasped in shock. I even had moments where I cringed, completely wigged out of my head. Let me tell you, this story has a little bit of everything for everyone. The chemistry was believable because the backstory was beautifully woven in, and I loved every minute of it. I enjoyed all of the secondary characters, especially Kent and Row. Hell, I even loved to hate the snotty, superficial Camille.

I feel as though I’ve been given an opportunity to not only praise a very new author, but the chance to start a journey from the beginning with what I am sure will be an amazing series. This book is not only unlike any other I’ve read, but well-written and enjoyable. I believe that anyone who gives it a chance will find a new favorite author. Abbie is definitely one to watch for! Happy reading!

**ARC provided by Author*

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


1 comments :

  1. Lacy--Thanks so much for this. Seriously--One of my favorite reviews! You rock!

    ReplyDelete