in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 10, 2016

ARC Review: After Loving You by Ashelyn Drake


Ashelyn Drake is a new to me author. I loved the sound of this book though, so I had to take the chance on it. While this wasn't a horrible book, it definitely wasn't what I was expecting. 

Mia and Jared broke up before college, but two years later they find themselves thinking of one another. Though each of them are seeing different people, they can't seem to let go of the past. But as they find themselves being drawn to each other once more, they also must figure out if they belong together, or if it is time to move on. 

I have to admit that a lot of what I struggled with here was the characters. They felt really immature for me, and that was hard for me to connect with. I expected quite a bit of angst, and there was plenty. But there was so much push and pull that it just got old at times. I can't really get into it much without spoiling anything, so I won't go into specifics, but I did really like one character here. They were the bright spot for me and honestly I thought that they deserved better. 

My biggest issue was that this book was so misleading. I felt like it was a story about one thing, when in actuality it was something else entirely. I could have been on board with that, had I known that ahead of time. But I don't appreciate being led to believe one thing and then get something else entirely. I think part of it was done for shock value and it didn't feel entirely genuine, especially considering a lot of what happened here. So while this story had promise, overall this wasn't entirely for me. I think that there are other readers out there that will really enjoy this one though, so if it sounds like something you might like I recommend giving it a shot.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment