in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

ARC Review: Furious Rush by S.C. Stephens


I was so excited when I found out that S.C. Stephens had a new book coming out. I am a huge fan of hers, and Furious Rush looked and sounded right up my alley. Unfortunately I have been struggling with this book from the very start and ended up having to throw in the towel. Right now this book just isn't working for me at all, and I couldn't finish it. Hopefully at some point I can give it another chance, since I have loved books from S.C. Stephens so much in the past. 

As the daughter of a racing legend, Mackenzie Cox has a lot to prove. The last thing she needs is to deal with the sexy new driver that has been hired by her team's biggest rival. Hayden Hayes gets under her skin immediately, insinuating that she is a princess that has only been successful due to her daddy. But the more these two are around each other, the harder it becomes to stay away from one another. When the most important rule to their teams is to never have any contact with the enemy, Mackenzie and Hayden struggle with their growing attraction to one another and where the connection between them could possibly go. 

I will admit that my biggest issue in this story was the characters. I didn't like Mackenzie. She seemed to have no backbone, letting those around her walk all over her and get away with whatever they felt like. All the while she had a total attitude towards Hayden and made a ton of assumptions about him. She came off as completely immature and I just couldn't warm up to her. Hayden was a jerk. Rude and judgmental, making assumptions of his own. He was sexist and awful, and I felt zero connection between these two. I also couldn't stand the secondary characters here. Mackenzie's friends were horrible. They were worse than she was and I got so tired of how idiotic they all were. Their actions were beyond frustrating, and the fact that Kenzie let them just do whatever really irritated me. Unfortunately this started immediately with the beginning of this book, and it just continued to get worse. If her friends weren't bad enough, her father was even worse. She wanted nothing more than to continue the family legacy and make him proud and he was absolutely awful to her. Why she felt like she needed to impress him after the way he treated her, I will never understand. 

With all the issues I had with the characters, I had to put this book down and move on. There was just nothing to keep me wanting to finish this book, and it just wasn't working for me. I was so disappointed because I think S.C. Stephens is a great writer. For some reason this book just wasn't clicking for me, and that could just be for me personally. I tried walking away and coming back, but after several times or trying to get into Furious Rush I ended up setting it aside at a little after 30%. If this book sounds like something you might like, I encourage you to give it a go. Not every book is for every person, and this one might work better for you than it did for me. I did see that while this one does have an ending, it was pretty abrupt and is more HFN than HEA and it looks as though this might continue since things were left open for more. With the way I struggled here, I am not sure that I will be able to get into this one eventually or continue on if this does become a series.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment