in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

ARC Review: Stepping Over the Line by Laura Marie Altom


I don't really know how to start this review, I am really torn after reading Stepping Over the Line by Laura Marie Altom. My thoughts are honestly a bit jumbled as I had mixed feelings throughout this book. While there were things that really didn't work for me here, I couldn't put this book down! I am a huge sucker for stepbrother romance stories, and this one was unlike any that I have read before. 

Garrett and Savannah have had feelings for each other for years, but being step-siblings (no actual relation) they have never acted on them. Though they have fought to stay away from one another, when Garrett returns home to celebrate Savannah's graduation from med school everything changes. The attraction become more than they can fight and they give in though shortly after Garrett finds out that Savannah has a boyfriend. Things quickly change when Savannah finds herself pregnant and engaged, resulting in an incident that winds up with Garrett in prison for five years and them not speaking for any of it. But upon his release, Savannah and Garrett once again find themselves drawn to one another though Garrett is nothing like the man she once knew. But can Savannah save him from himself and finally see if they can have everything that they have always wanted? 

I liked Savannah and Garrett most of the time. I felt the attraction between them right away and I did feel as though they had a connection. But I also felt like it was at times contradictory. There were times throughout this story that their connection felt strong and as though they had never felt for anyone the way they did about each other. It was described ore than once that way and I did see that sometimes. But there were also times that it really felt like Savannah wasn't completely into Garrett, and that she had just as strong of feelings for Chad. It was hard to really feel that absolute need for each other here when Savannah would talk about how much she loved Chad. There were also times that it was hard to connect with both of them. They each did some pretty hypocritical things that had me frustrated with them both. It was just kind of back and forth on whether or not I liked them, but the one thing I will say is that I couldn't get enough. I really wanted them to work things out and I just had to keep reading to see what would happen next. 

While there are several things that I would like to go into, I won't so as not to spoil the story. The plot here was pretty insane at times, and honestly felt all over the place. Again, I couldn't put it down, but at times it felt like the author was just throwing everything in here including the kitchen sink. It was unrealistic and far fetched, but was one of those where you just couldn't look away. There was one thing that I wished that Savannah had done that was beyond common sense, and yet she took so long to actually do it. I think that was what bothered me the most, even with all the crazy things that happened here. I think that this book is one that people will either love or hate. If you are looking for something that is realistic and straight forward, this one probably isn't going to be for you. But if you are looking for something different and this sounds like one you might like, I recommend giving it a shot. While there were things that didn't work for me, it was one that I couldn't put down and held my interest the entire way through.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment