in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, June 13, 2016

ARC Review: Idol by Kristen Callihan


I am a huge fan of Kristen Callihan's and her Game On series is one of my all-time favorites! So when I first heard that she had a new series coming out and that it was about rockstars, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Not only did this one sound fantastic, but the cover is absolutely stunning! While I did like this book, I didn't love it. There were a few things here that kept me from really getting into this book the way I normally do with a KC book, but I did enjoy it and I am looking forward to the next in the series. 

Killian James has his dream job as a member of the biggest rock band in the world. But when one of them makes a decision that changes everything, Killian is left to reevaluate everything he thought he know. Crashing his bike into Liberty Bell's fence and tearing up her yard wasn't in his plans, but he knows that meeting her changes everything. As Killian and Liberty spend time together though, they find themselves enjoying each other and the easy friendship they are forming. But soon their feelings for one another are growing, and it is only a matter of time before Killian James will leave to go back on tour. Can Killian find a way to convince Libby to go along with him though? 

I liked both Killian and Libby, but I struggled a bit with their connection here. Not only was it hard for me to connect with them, but I also felt as though these two were never really on solid ground. I enjoyed their initial meeting and seeing the spark that Liberty had. She didn't recognize Killian and wasn't afraid to put him in his place. But that all quickly changed and I felt like we never really saw it. It seemed like more of a case of tell rather than show here, so it was hard for me to ever really believe in them fully. I also got frustrated with these two both walking away and pushing each other away more than once here. It was as though neither of them were willing to fight for each other or their connection until the very end, which was too little too late. They did have chemistry though, and were building a connection. I just wish that I had been able to see more of it here to really get behind it. 

I also will admit that I struggled a bit to get into this book. While I loved their initial meeting, things slowed down from there and there were times I thought about giving up. Luckily I stuck with it and things did pick up. The other thing I will say is that there was a scene here while the two were apart that I had questions about. Things weren't fully explained and I was left wondering about Killian's actions. I immediately messaged a friend that had also read this to get her take on it, and while we assume that Killian's actions were one way we don't know for sure as it cuts out and was never brought up again. I don't wait to spoil anything, but I will admit that I am hoping things went one way though I still am not entirely sure what happened. Killian was sweet throughout the story and never kept secrets, and he was very vocal about things that happened though, so I like to believe that we are right in what we believe happened/didn't happen. Overall, there was a lot to like here and I did think that these two were good together. But while I liked the story, this one just didn't have as strong of a connection as I have come to expect in a Kristen Callihan story. I am excited to get the next book in this series, Managed, featuring the band's manager Scottie. I think that this one was a good start to the series, and I am looking forward to getting more of these guys. If you are a fan of rockstar romance or Kristen Callihan's this is one worth checking out. I know this won't be the last I read from Kristen Callihan, and I can't wait to read whatever she writes next.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | iTunes


0 comments :

Post a Comment