in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Review: Sexiest Man Alive by M. Clarke


Sexiest Man Alive is the first book in the Knight Fashion series from M. Clarke. This is a spin-off of her Something Great series, but you do not need to have read those books to start this new series. I will mention though that this book is not a standalone story, and it does contain a cliffhanger. I am already anxious for the next book as I can't wait to find out what happens next! I have been a huge fan of M. Clarke's since first reading her work a few years ago, and I really love her Something Great series. Nathan is a character that I felt really connected to right away though, and I could not put this book down. 

Nathan Cross is a waiter who hopes to become an actor, but he knows as long as he has Olivia by his side he knows that he will be happy no matter what he is doing. But when Olivia gets a job offer that can make her modeling career, she leaves him behind with a broken heart. Now a year later Nathan is finally starting to move forward though he still thinks of Olivia, but with his own modeling career taking off he is ready to put himself out there again and begins dating someone new. But just as he is moving forward, Olivia accepts a job working alongside him at Knight Fashion. Can they put the past behind them and learn to become friends while working together, or will their lingering feelings for one another prove to be more than they can fight?

I really loved Nathan. At the start of this book my heart really broke for him. He was so sweet and loving, and Olivia really broke him. I wanted to hate her for hurting him so badly and for a bit I did. I didn't really see her reasoning for doing what she did and leaving him behind when it was so clear they were meant for one another. Nate was just too amazing for me to really understand. But then we got Olivia's POV and it started to make sense to me. She was doing what she thought she needed to for her mom, and I admired her for caring so much that she would hurt herself in the process to take care of her mom. Though I still didn't like what she did and wouldn't have done the same, I did feel that I got to a place that it at least made sense to me. I really believed right from the start though that Nathan and Olivia were meant for one another. It killed me to see them with other people, because there was so much love and chemistry between them and their connection was so special. I just kept hoping that they would find their way back to one another. 

Overall, this was a really great story and I honestly can't wait for more. There was a big cliffhanger here, and I need answers! I refuse to accept that these two aren't meant to wind up together, and I need to know if they can get a second chance at love together. The connection between them was clear right from the start and it was obvious that love was never a problem for them. Life has a way of going in unexpected directions, but I really believe that Nate and Olie are meant to be together and hope that they get their HEA. M. Clarke is a great writer and I know that whatever direction their story goes in will do justice to these characters. If you haven't read anything by M. Clarke yet, you are really missing out! I highly recommend anything by her, but Sexiest Man Alive is one of my favorites from her and I can't wait for the next book in this series!

**Review Copy Provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment