in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, April 4, 2016

ARC Review: This One Moment by Stina Lindenblatt


I really don't even know where to start this review as my thoughts are a bit all over the place kind of like this book was. I was immediately drawn to This One Moment because I absolutely loved the cover. I have read books by Stina Lindenblatt before and enjoyed them, so I figured this one was worth the read. I did enjoy parts of this book, and I like Stina's writing style. But I did have some issues here and unfortunately those kept me from loving this book.

Nolan Kincaid left town to pursue his music dreams, leaving behind his best friend Hailey Wilkins, the girl he was also in love with. Though they were both in love with each other, nothing had ever happened between them to cross the line of friendship. But when Nolan finds out that Hailey has been attacked, he drops everything to return home to her. Upon returning home, Nolan learns that Hailey's attacker is still out there and he knows that he needs to be there for her unlike he was before. Though Hailey wants to believe this is finally her chance with Nolan, she also wonders if he will stick around this time or if he will once again leave her. Is Nolan ready to give up everything to prove to Hailey that this is their chance, or will he once again leave her behind? 

I really did like Hailey and Nolan together. I felt their connection and chemistry, and I loved the solid foundation of friendship they had. Even with all the time and distance between them, their connection really came through here. I hated that Nolan had left Hailey behind without a word and didn't contact her for the entire time he was gone, and a part of me was really annoyed with him for coming back and acting like nothing had happened. But I also couldn't help but love the fact that he dropped everything when Hailey really needed him so that he could be there for her. It didn't completely make up for everything, but it did go a long way in helping me forgive him. I have to say that there were times that I really didn't like how he acted though, and while I understand that there is a certain amount of women and flirting to be expected with a musician, I also felt like he didn't handle things right a lot of the time. He didn't seem to discourage any of that, and I didn't like that Hailey had to endure some of that. I also didn't like the fact that Hailey just sort of acted like that was to be expected and didn't really demand more of him. The whole thing just sort of rubbed me the wrong way and I didn't like it. 

I also have to say that what really kept me from loving this book was the fact that it was all over the place. So much was happening and it just got to be too much. Some things were flat out unbelievable, and I had a hard time finding much of this story realistic. Unfortunately, the relationship between Hailey and Nolan really took a backseat here to everything else that was going on and I didn't care for that at all. I wanted more of them and the relationship they were forming because those moments were the highlights of this story, and they just got lost in everything else that was going on. This story had a lot of potential, but it just didn't quite live up to the expectations for me. I will look for more from Stina Lindenblatt in the future though as there were still several things to like here. I think if you like rockstar romance stories or friends-to-lovers relationships this is one worth giving a chance.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes | 



0 comments :

Post a Comment