in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, April 16, 2016

ARC Review: Lessons in Gravity by Jessica Peterson


Lessons in Gravity is the second book in the Study Abroad series by Jessica Peterson. It can be read as a standalone story, but for full enjoyment I would recommend reading these in order if possible. After reading Spanish Lessons, I was really curious to get Maddie's story. I really enjoyed reading it here and I am really glad that we got to see more of her character. 

Maddie is studying abroad in Spain, while also hoping to avoid the drama back at home. With her parents divorcing, she needs the time away for more than just her degree. Not looking for love, Maddie hooks up with Javier, a sexy guitarist. But what starts out as a one night stand, quickly turns into a friendship that neither of them expected. Soon Javier is beginning to wonder if Maddie is the girl he has been looking for, but he knows he will have his work cut out for him because Maddie doesn't believe in forever. 

I had some issues with Maddie's friend Vivian in the previous book. She gave Maddie permission to pursue the man she wanted, and then was upset when Maddie did. While I put most of that on Vivian, I didn't like that Maddie had gone there as irrational as that may be. So while I wanted to see where things would go for Maddie, I wasn't her biggest fan going in. I have to say though that getting her POV and seeing beneath the surface with her changed my opinion completely! I really liked her and I was so glad that I gave her a shot. I loved her and Javier and I thought that they were great together. These two had a great connection and there was so much chemistry between them. I was drawn in right away and ended up liking their book even more than I did the first in the series. 

Overall, I am really enjoying this series. Jessica Peterson was a new to me author with Spanish Lessons, and now that I have read Lessons in Gravity, I am definitely a fan. Her writing style and characters feel fresh and fun, while packing a ton of emotion and steam. I have enjoyed both of the books in this series and I can't wait for more. If you are a fan of NA stories, I think these are definitely worth the read. I know I will be looking for more from Jessica Peterson in the future, and I can't wait for the next book in the Study Abroad series!

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes





1 comments :

  1. Character inconsistencies sure pose a problem for readers to appreciate a plot. Glad you liked it eventually though.

    Great Review :)
    Aparajita@Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete