in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Guest Post with Author Veronica Forand

Meet Veronica Forand, author of True Peril.

Veronica Forand is an attorney and an award-winning writer of romantic suspense. She's lived in Boston, London, Paris, Geneva, and Washington, DC and currently resides near Philadelphia. An avid traveler, she loves to roam across continents with her husband and kids in pursuit of skiing, scuba diving, and finding the perfect piece of chocolate.

Living in Two Worlds

Being a writer and an attorney requires me to straddle two worlds. When I practice law, I must confront what’s real, the facts, the truth between people’s lies. As I write, my mind creates complicated plots with unique characters.

Having a creative mind, however, does help me when practicing law. I’m the queen of what if scenarios. I’m constantly thinking about the myriad of reasons people act. Were they behaving in the best interests of the child? Were they acting selfish? Would they even know they difference? Every individual is unique and every one of their actions stem from their history, their hopes, their education, their fears.

People’s motivations also fascinate me. Why would someone leave a young child alone in a house? Was the parent working? Had he or she gone straight to a bar? Was someone else supposed to be in the house with the child, but left early? I’m pretty good at thinking of all the what-ifs and narrowing them down to the most logical. I use this skill when writing as well. What is the assassin wanted to retire and he was stuck with one last assignment? Is the reason believable? If I don’t believe my characters’ motivation, there is no way the reader will.

At times, however, my imagination can take everyday occurrences and create elaborate conspiracy theories. Too much creative lawyering can waste valuable time in court. If the solution has a very difficult answer and one that is simpler, the simple one tends to be accurate. When I’m writing thrillers, however, I search out the most difficult scenarios and play with them.

My careers balance each other. Reality and make-believe. I wouldn’t want to live entirely in one world or the other.


She’s this assassin’s toughest assignment ever…

Socialite Trista Patterson has turned her back on her life of privilege and dedicated herself to helping others. Her mission to protect the world’s children often takes her into the bleak and violent underbelly of third world countries. When a kidnapping attempt goes wrong, Trista quickly finds herself running for her life…and married to a man she just met…as she’s placed at the top of the Cartel’s most wanted list.

Some days no good deed goes unpunished.

Dane O’Brien has spent his life in the shadows. Once a lethal assassin he grew tired of losing his soul with every hit, trading his gun and missions for a conference table and office politics as an undercover operative for the CIA. But when visiting his humanitarian sister turns deadly, Dane finds himself swearing to protect her beautiful and passionate friend Trista no matter the cost…even if it means stepping back into the world he swore never to return to. Although falling for the tough-hearted Trista is easy, keeping her alive is hard.

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |

Check out the True Lies series:
 


0 comments :

Post a Comment