in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, March 5, 2016

ARC Review: Legend by Katy Evans


Legend is the sixth and final book in the Real series by Katy Evans. This book is a standalone story, so you do not need to have read the previous books in the series, though for full enjoyment I would recommend it. This was such a bittersweet read for me because while I was really enjoying it, I was also dreading it since I knew once it was over the series was over. It was a great finish though, and I really loved Maverick and Reese.

Maverick "The Avenger" Cage is determined to become a Legend in the Underground, but no one will give him the shot he needs. Guarding the secret of who he really is, Maverick comes across Reese, and she treats him like no one else ever has. As Mav trains, Reese helps him find someone willing to be his coach and Mav is that much closer to taking on the champ Remington "Riptide" Tate. But just as things between Mav and Reese are heating up, Mav finds out that Reese is also Remy's wife Brooke's cousin. But Mav is determined to win and be a legend and that includes getting his girl too. 

I really loved Maverick and Reese together. They had sparks between the right from the start, but I was glad that things weren't rushed between them. They had a lot of sexual tension and their connection just continued to intensify as they spent more time together. I loved that Reese didn't judge Mav for his past or circumstances and that Mav didn't push Reese or give up on her. Each one had a lot that they were dealing with, and yet they were perfect together and for one another. They really helped one another just by being there for each other. The chemistry between these two was so strong, but I really loved the bond they had formed and seeing as things grew between them. 

The one thing that I will say here though is that I felt like some things weren't as resolved as I would have liked. There was a situation with a guy that Reese had thought she wanted before she met Maverick and he was brought up a lot throughout this story. When he finally made his appearance, it was almost over before it started and it just felt like it had been used for drama throughout the story without ever really being dealt with. Maverick pretty much shut it down before Reese did anything, and Miles just disappeared. I also felt like with this being the last story in the series that an extended epilogue would have been nice. I wanted to see how things ended for everyone, and would have liked to have been given a glimpse into all of the HEAs from this series since there were some things that were unresolved overall. I wanted to know more about what happened for Kenna and Pandora, and I am still upset that we didn't get a book for Riley! I have to admit I have been holding out hope since the beginning that we would get his story, so it would have been nice to see what happened for him, especially since Remy was retiring here. I just felt like there was so much that I still had questions about.

But even with those criticisms, I really enjoyed this story a lot. It was great to get to know Reese and Maverick, and I loved how much Brooke and Remy were around for this book. Racer absolutely stole the show, and I don't think that there has ever been a cuter kid in a book I have read than him! He was so adorable and I couldn't get enough of him. I hope Katy Evans might someday write his story, because I am absolutely dying to see him again! Fans of this series will enjoy Legend, and if you are new to this series this one is easy to read without having read any of the previous books. I know I will read this series again in the future as I really love the characters and I am just not ready to let them go. But I am also really excited to see what else Katy has in store for readers in the future and look forward to reading more from her.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment