in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

ARC Review: Exposed by Jasinda Wilder


Jasinda Wilder is on another level as a writer. The intricacy of her storytelling is brilliant. Her characters are complex and the way she relates them evokes strong emotions from the readers. This is just some really good writing! That being said, this is Part 2 in the Madame X series, if you have not read part I, exit the train now. Part 2 will spoil Part 1 and this review will too. If you’re just starting here, go back and get Part 1 and come back and read this review when you’re ready for Part 2. 

This book picks up right where the last one left off. X is still essentially trapped with Caleb. She has the freedom to move around, she doesn’t seem to be seeing her clients anymore and she stays in Caleb’s condo. Besides those things, her life hasn’t really changed. So a weird thing happened at the end of the last book that might have happened to you too. I wasn’t sure how I felt about Caleb. I couldn’t figure out if he loved X or if he was just a controlling jerk. I also couldn’t figure out what Caleb’s motivations were so I got all angsty about the Caleb situation. I think I finally joined Team Logan 100% when we found out that Caleb was bang-training a harem of women who he was then selling as wives. Yeah, no. That’s not going to work for my romantic ideals. 

Logan, in this book represents light and hope. The really fascinating thing is how terrified X is to reach for those two things. There are points in the book where you have to wonder if X is going to be able to break away from Caleb. For X, Caleb represents the known. It may not be much considering she has amnesia but when you don’t know anything about your life, it’s hard to let go of what you do know. 

As things develop between Logan and X, the romance side of the story gets really good. It’s all a little twisted because Caleb is in the background. The other thing happening is that we are all trying to untangle the mystery of who X is and how she came to be associated with Caleb in the first place. Jasinda starts dropping more and more hints but I have to warn you, it’s not resolved by the end of the book. I do think I’ve figured out how X and Caleb got together but I can’t wait to find out if I’m right. Don’t even ask me, I am not going to spoil it for you, we all just have to keep guessing. 

The mystery suspense aspect of the book is really good. This book is intriguing from the first page down to the very last sentence. If you want to read this, either do it on the weekend when you can get through all of it, or take a personal day off work. You don’t want to be that guy trying to read under your desk and this is that kind of book. You just will not want to put it down. Bravo to Jasinda for continuing this series just as well as it begun. I can’t wait to see what’s next.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment