in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, March 21, 2016

ARC Review: Exposed by Brighton Walsh


Exposed is the second book in the Captive Series from Brighton Walsh. I hadn't read the first book, Captive, but I have read and loved other books from Brighton Walsh before and couldn't wait to read Exposed. It is a standalone story with interconnected characters, so don't worry if you haven't read Captive either. This NA novel had suspense and a lot of steam, and I enjoyed it a lot. 

Evie's life looks perfect at first glance. She is about to become the trophy wife of a successful businessman who comes from a political family. Eric is poised to follow in his father's footsteps one day and will go into politics himself when the time is right. But Evie's entire life is a lie. Nothing about her new identity is real, and no one knows who she really is. But when her past comes back, so does the man she once loved. Riley will do whatever it takes to protect Evie and get answers for everything that happened years ago. But can he reconnect with Evie when she is determined to keep him at arm's length? 

I really liked Riley! He was sexy and protective, and he had never forgotten about Evie. It was so easy to see that the five years apart hadn't changed anything between them. Their connection and chemistry was stronger than ever! These two were great together, and I loved how well they knew one another. They might have had five years worth of catching up to do, but it was so easy to see that not much had changed and they hadn't forgotten anything about one another. Evie was strong and I felt so bad for all she had been through. There were a few times that she frustrated me, but I liked her a lot. These two were super hot together, and I liked seeing them reconnect. 

I will say that while these two had a ton of steam, the sex scenes got a bit too repetitive for me. It seemed like they were just repeated with a few things changed each time, and I got to the point that I was skimming those scenes because I felt like I had already seen/read about it. I wanted something new or fresh, and that didn't happen. I think part of the problem for me was that for the majority of this book they were stuck inside a small apartment together with not a lot happening. But I really felt like the physical scenes could have broken that up by being original, and instead it just made it feel as though not much was happening. I think that Brighton Walsh is a great writer, and had this book not been so repetitive with those scenes, I feel like this one would have been a five star story for me. But I ended up feeling as though this one was just okay even though I liked the characters a lot. I would say this one was somewhere between 3 and 4 stars, rounding up to 4. I have really enjoyed Brighton Walsh's books though, and I know that this won't be the last I read from her.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment