in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, February 6, 2016

ARC Review: Tied in Knots by Z.B. Heller


Tied in Knots is a short novella from Z.B. Heller that continues the story of Ryan and Brandon from Tied Together. If you haven't read Tied Together, you will need to start there since this is not a standalone story. I was interested to see what would happen next for these guys, so I jumped on the chance to read this new novella featuring them. While I did enjoy seeing a glimpse into their HEA, I have to admit that there were a few things that kept me from loving this one. 

Now that Ryan and Brandon are married, they have a four year old son. Ryan left his job to stay at home with Ethan, while Brandon took over the entire practice when his partner left. Working long hours as a doctor, Brandon spends less and less time at home leaving both Ryan and Ethan to miss him. But when Brandon decides it is time for baby number two, things begin to fall apart and both Ryan and Brandon will have to work harder than ever to keep their marriage and family together. When Brandon's past suddenly returns, things go from bad to worse making both of them question whether they can overcome anything together or if there are some obstacles that are just too big. 

I liked these guys, but I still feel like they had some of the same issues as they had in the first book. Here we are 7 years into their HEA, and they are still having some communication issues. Marriage is hard and takes a lot of work, especially with a child/children involved. I really wanted Brandon to lean on Ryan, but he didn't. He assumed the worst and avoided Ryan more than he already had been. I felt so bad for Ryan, he was basically raising their son on his own. It was clear that the feelings were still there between these two, but I just felt a huge disconnect between them that never really felt solved here. While the chemistry was still there, I just wanted to see these two on the same page and working together before the very end here. It felt rushed and still partially unresolved. I think fans of Tied Together will enjoy seeing more of these guys, as well as Moxie, and of course Ethan was absolutely adorable. But I had just been hoping for more here.

**ARC Provided by Gossip Girls PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment