in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

ARC Review: I Wish You Were Mine by Lauren Layne


I Wish You Were Mine is the second book in Lauren Layne's Oxford series, each book in the series can be read as a standalone though the characters are interconnected. Fans of Lauren Layne will also recognize some familiar faces from her Sex, Love & Stiletto series. I have to say that while I have enjoyed Lauren's books before, this one was my favorite of hers to date! I really loved Jackson and Mollie's story and couldn't put this one down!

Mollie Carrington has been in love with Jackson Burke for years. Only problem is, Jackson is married to her sister Madison. But when Jackson and Madison's relationship deteriorates to the point that they wind up getting divorced, Mollie has moved to New York from Texas to try and move forward with her life. After an accident that ends his career as a quarterback, Jackson moves to New York to take a position as a writer for Oxford magazine. Finally through ignoring all of Mollie's attempts at communication, Jackson turns to her for the friendship they once shared. Mollie always got Jackson in a way that no one else did, but when he sees her again after so much time apart, he realizes that she is no longer just his friend and ex-wife's little sister. Both of them know that they shouldn't start anything for so many reasons, yet they can't help the growing feelings and attraction between them. 

I really liked Jackson and Mollie. These two had always had a special connection and understood each other in a way that no one else did. Mollie was a bit of an outsider, preferring to immerse herself in science and animals. She was so different from her sister and was used to being a loner. But Jackson was always so good with her, and I loved how sweet he was. He might have been a sexy football star, but he was down to earth and smart. His whole life was turned upside down, and he was struggling to come to terms with all the change he had to deal with. Yet when he finally started to embrace his new life, he seemed to really thrive. I loved him and his personality, and he could not have been more perfect for Mollie. The chemistry between these two was smoking hot, and I loved seeing how they transitioned from just friends to becoming lovers. 

The one thing I will say is that I wish we would have seen more of Jackson and Mollie actually together. I felt like we only really got to see them that way at the very end and I wanted more. There were plenty of great moments of friendship and as their feelings were growing for one another, but I really wanted to see more of them together. The other thing that kept this one from being a five star read for me was Mollie's sister Madison. She was horrible and I hated how much she was around here. While Jackson clearly had no interest in her anymore, he didn't exactly do much to keep her away and Mollie always believed the best in her regardless of the evidence right in front of her face. It was a bit frustrating. Overall though, I really enjoyed the book and I absolutely loved Jackson and Mollie together. I think fans of Lauren's will really love this book, and those who haven't read her books before will enjoy it as well. I can't wait to read more from Lauren in the future!

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes





1 comments :

  1. Interesting book. It's quite interesting how the main characters will solve all the problems between them to be together. Definitely have to read this book.

    ReplyDelete