in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

ARC Review: His Light in the Dark by L.A. Fiore


It is not very often that a book leaves me speechless, but His Light in the Dark by L.A. Fiore did exactly that. It took me awhile to really gather my thoughts on this book, because it was just that good. I feel like nothing I say could accurately do justice to the story, but I honestly loved it and couldn't put it down. This book is definitely a must read, and the second I had finished I wanted to dive back in and start all over again! 

Cole Campbell had a terrible childhood. His mother left when he was young, and his father used him as a punching bag. But when they moved, Cole suddenly found help in his new neighbor Mace Donati and his daughter Mia. They were the first ones to ever care about Cole, and they never gave up on him. But when life threatened to take them from Cole, he did what he had to do in order to protect them. After that Cole was different, and he knew he would never be good enough for Mia, not matter how much he wanted her. But when Cole's past comes back and threatens her once again, Cole finally finds himself ready to fight for her and settle things once and for all in order to keep her safe. But will it be too late for anything between them? 

I absolutely loved these characters. Mia and her dad Mace were amazing! I loved their relationship and I loved how welcoming and caring they were with Cole. They showed him what a real family should look like, and their love and compassion came with no limits. Mia was a lot like her dad, and I was glad that she was such a strong person. She knew what she wanted, and she knew herself well enough to know that her wants and needs wouldn't change or waver. Cole was great as well. He was a bit flawed and had some issues after everything he had been through, and yet he was also good underneath it all and was very protective of both Mace and Mia. I loved seeing him realize that he belonged with Mia, and that their connection was unbreakable. He might have felt like he wasn't good enough for her, but neither Mace or Mia ever felt that way even knowing everything that he had ever done.

Overall, this book was such an emotional read and I couldn't get enough. I loved the characters and the story had me on the edge of my seat. There were a lot of twists and turns, and just when I thought that I had it figured out, Fiore proved me wrong. It was so refreshing to be completely surprised by a book, and I know that this will not be the last I read from L.A. Fiore. I can't wait to read everything else she has out, and I am looking forward to seeing what else she writes next. I highly recommend this book to all romance readers, as this story is one that I think will appeal to readers of all genres. This was such a good book, and I honestly can't say enough good things about it.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment