in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

ARC Review: Dreaming Death by J. Kathleen Cheney


Dreaming Death has many elements to it. It's a fantasy, a mystery, and has a small romance. It took me awhile to really get into the story, but once I did I was thoroughly enthralled. Despite the length, this story felt more like an introductory novella. It felt like it was giving background information, and the big conflict and plot has yet to appear.

The fantasy world is very detailed, and it confused me quite a bit. There are quite few different races and political groups. With the investigation going about the mysterious deaths, it was falling into different jurisdictions, and I didn't completely understand the differences. I didn't have any sort of map either because of my ARC, but if the published book includes a map, I think it will really help the reader with understanding everything.

The romantic element was held back due to Shironne only being 17 and not considered an adult. Shironne has a unique connection with a man who she calls, the Angel of Death. He dreams people's deaths and she sees them with more clarity than even him. Because Mikael is older and an adult, the two are kept apart for her innocence. It takes about half the book for them to even meet. However, the chemistry between them is strong an almost instant. Their dynamic was really interesting to me.

I am very excited to continue this book. There are several different aspects of the world and the story that haven't been revealed that have grabbed my attention. I'm excited to see where Shironne and Mikael's relationship progresses. J. Kathleen Cheney's writing is great, and I'm now adding her earlier books to my to read lists!

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment