in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, February 11, 2016

ARC Review: Dirty Ride by Chantal Fernando


I have read every book in this series and I have been a huge fan. I've loved all the bossy alpha males and the women with smart mouths and independent outlooks. I went into this book with a lot of optimism because I figured I couldn't lose with this series. I give you all that background as context for my review. Sometimes our expectations can influence our perception. My less than enthusiastic view of this book might be more a function of my heightened expectations than anything being wrong with the book. So there is that.

All disclaimers aside, this book was ok but not what I was expecting from this author or this series. My main issue is that there seemed to be very little development of the story or the relationship between the characters. I thought both Valentina and Irish had huge potential as characters but then the story and the romance just didn't really go anywhere. I can't quite explain what went wrong. It just seemed like instead of a story developing, we got a list of details that didn't flow together all that well. I think that was one of the most surprising things about this book for me. I didn't think the actual writing was on the same level as I expected after reading the other books. In particular, the banter between the characters that makes the other books really fun to read was missing. I have to say, I totally didn't realize this book was a novella. I don't know if I would have picked it up if I had known it was a novella but if you are in to shorter stories, that might actually be a positive thing for you.

Also, for those of you who love the aspects of the MC club you get in the other books in the series, this book more than any other in the series is disconnected from the rest of the club. Irish doesn't even take Valentina around the club for a significant portion of the book.

The things you get with this book that you have probably come to love are steamy scenes, two strong characters and a hint of danger. If you love this series, go ahead and give this one a try, just consider yourself cautioned.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment