in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, February 12, 2016

ARC Review: The Consequence of Seduction by Rachel Van Dyken


I am a huge fan of Rachel Van Dyken's, so at this point I read anything with her name on it. I have to say that while I have enjoyed parts of the Consequence series overall, it hasn't been my favorite of hers. I love that Rachel has such a sense of humor and is able to put that into her books, but I feel like this series takes that a bit too far at times. When things are more serious and the humor comes naturally I find that I really love these characters. I really did like parts of Reid and Jordan's story, but unfortunately it was not what I had been hoping for. 

Reid Emory and Jordan Litwright don't get off to the best start when they meet in a bar and she assumes he is gay. The next day she finds out that he is an actor and also happens to be her new client. His image and career are in need of help, and she is the best in the business. But when a publicity stunt goes wrong, Jordan also finds herself in the position of not only PR rep, but fake girlfriend. But as they get to know one another, can their fake relationship turn into something real? 

I liked both Reid and Jordan. I was excited to get to know Reid better after having seen him previously in the series, and I think that he was a good guy. It was really interesting to seem him from the beginning to how he handled his growing feelings for Jordan. He had never been interested in a relationship with one woman, and Jordan was different from the start. I really loved Jordan though and I felt like I was able to relate to her in a lot of ways. She had always been overlooked and felt invisible, and my heart really went out to her. I was glad that Reid had noticed her right away, and I did feel like they had a lot of chemistry. 

My biggest problem here was that I felt like the humor was too over the top at times, and there were moments that it just felt forced. I loved the times that we got a bit more serious, and were able to really see a connection forming for these two. If I had seen more of that happening from the beginning of the book rather than just at the end, I think that this would have been a book I absolutely loved. But unfortunately that didn't happen until close to the end, and at that point it was a bit too late. I think that this group of characters have such unique and different personalities, and at times they are truly hilarious. I just think that in each of these books it was taken too far and became more slap stick than it needed to be. Some of the antics and incidents had me rolling my eyes and wanting to skim to the end. A lot of people really love this series though, and it is possible that it might just be me personally. While I love RVD, I think that this will be the last I read in this series from her. It just doesn't seem to be right for me, but I know it won't be the last I read from her. If you love humor with your romance and don't mind it being a bit over the top, you should definitely give this series a shot.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment