in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 8, 2016

ARC Review: Bait & Switch by Kendall Ryan


Bait & Switch is the first book in Kendall Ryan's new Alphas Undone series. This book is a standalone story, as book two will feature a different couple. I will tell you that this book will not be for everyone, and while I wish I could really go into detail here it would be impossible to do so without spoiling anything. So what I will tell you is that this book does feature one guy and two girls, though it is not what I would call a love triangle and technically there is no cheating. While that is the case, I know that there are some readers who will still be hesitant to read this book. I have to say that to me though, it is definitely worth taking the chance on and I think if you go in blind with an open mind that most will enjoy this story a lot. 

Former Navy SEAL Nolan doesn't do love. He only does casual and makes it known from the start that he is incapable of anything more and that he isn't exclusive. But things begin to get complicated for him when he has two women in his life that start to mean something to him. One is the girl that he has known for awhile. She fulfills a side of himself that he hasn't found with anyone else. She likes things rough and on the wicked side, and she knows the score better than anyone. The other is sweet and innocent and brings Nolan light in a world that hasn't seen much of that. But when he finds himself feeling things he never has before, he knows that things are about to change and that terrifies him more than anything.

I really liked Nolan and his heroine. I won't name any names here, as I really don't want readers to know much. (trust me it is better that way!) Nolan had seen a lot, and he had been coping by keeping himself locked down. He had been unable to really open himself up, and because of that he found himself lost in two different girls. Much of this story is really about him coming to terms with several things, both internal and external, and I really enjoyed seeing the progress he made. It was clear that he had a lot going on in his mind, and I liked that we got his POV as well as the heroine's. While it was hard to see the two sides of his life at times, it wasn't what I would really consider a love triangle since things were clear from the start. 

Overall this was a really good story. I liked the characters and the story was definitely different. This isn't your typical romance and it was refreshing to experience something so unique. There were a few times that I had some issues with things happening, but that is all that kept this one from being a five star read for me. Those were more personal things though, and I think that I was having a hard time with the situation being what it was. Again totally up front here, but I felt so invested in the characters and such a connection with the heroine that it was hard at times for me to separate my feelings even knowing that she knew the situation. But I think that just shows how much I felt here, because I was that invested in the story that it was able to affect me as much as it did. I really liked the story and this is definitely one of my favorites from Kendall Ryan to date. I honestly can't wait for the next book in the series which will feature Nolan's friend Grey. I think that there is a ton beneath the surface with him, and I am so looking forward to reading it!

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment