in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

ARC Review: Heir to the Duke by Jane Ashford


I wasn't very fond of Heir to the Duke by Jane Ashford. Boredom can't even begin to cover it. I also cannot say that this book was a romance. I never felt my heart beat fast or "swoon" over any occasion. The story felt more of a Chicklit with the female lead "coming out of her shell" being the main focus.

The book begins with Violet and Nathaniel's wedding. They'd been acquaintances and felt the match would be amiable. Shockingly for Nathaniel, Violet had been holding back from having fun because of her overbearing grandmother. Violet blooms so to speak with marriage and independence but soon finds herself in sticky situations she could have easily avoided.

I never got a true feel for Nathaniel's character. Violet's history and family secrets are the only things that drove me to finish the story. I was tempted to quit several times. I really don't know what compelled me to finish. Sadly, not a great sampling from this author, and I'll be shocked if I read another of her books.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment