in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, December 27, 2015

ARC Review: With Every Breath by Lia Riley


I have become a fan of Lia Riley's after reading several of her books now. The one thing I love about her stories is that she always takes the reader on an adventure, and the location is always interesting and somewhere different. With Every Breath takes the reader and the characters to Patagonia, and I was excited to see how Lia Riley would bring it to life here. There was a lot to enjoy with this book, and this was a good story that captured my attention right away.

Auden Woods is used to playing it safe and being the girl that isn't noticed. So when she gets the chance at her dream job, she knows that she needs to take a risk and that happens to be an adventure that sends her to Patagonia. Out of her depth, a disaster leads her to a sexy Scot named Rhys and in order to survive she will have to ask him for help. Rhys MacAskill is tired of being the center to so much negative attention, and he knows that redemption isn't in the cards for him. But when a terrifying storm brings Auden into his life, he knows that he will do whatever it takes to protect her and keep them both safe. But when one night together turns into more, Auden and Rhys find themselves feeling something that they never expected. Soon things between them are more than just survival and they begin to wonder if they could possibly have a chance at love. 

I liked both Rhys and Auden. They each had issues that they were dealing with and their struggle was easy to see. I felt badly for each of them and it was clear right away that they needed each other. Their connection was very quick, but you could see that it was real and genuine. I did think that there was a definite case of insta-love here, but the relationship that was forming between them was believable. They had a lot of chemistry and I liked them together. 

There were a few times that I was frustrated with these characters and their actions, but overall I really enjoyed this story. My biggest complaint was that the ending seemed to be pretty rushed and abrupt. Though there was an epilogue, it just seemed to wrap things up far too quickly to be completely satisfying, and I wish that we had been given a bit more. This was an enjoyable story though, and I think that readers will enjoy this one. If you like NA stories or travel romance stories, this is one worth checking out.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment