in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, December 12, 2015

ARC Review: Lord Dashwood Missed Out by Tessa Dare


Lord Dashwood was a delightful novella from Tessa Dare. We are brought back to the Spindle Cove Series. I believe Tessa Dare has another full length book coming out after this one so this novella almost felt like a good refresher. It has all of the wit, romance, and comedic relief Ms. Dare is known for.

Miss Elinora Browning is visiting Spindle Cove for a reading of her Pamphlet, Lord Ashwood Missed Out. It is an inspiring story for women to not feel defined by the attentions of men. She has some trouble in her travels and ends up stuck in a snow storm than none other than Lord Dashwood, whom her pamphlet was about.

Honestly, Dashwood to Ashwood was way too similar, and I think that Elinora wanted him to someday read it and know, though she denies it is even about him for quite awhile. George Travers (Lord Dashwood) has been a cartographer traveling the world since he left England. Now this pamphlet is bringing him some negative publicity. George decides to confront Elinora to find out what it was exactly he missed out on.

While the two are stuck in the storm, we get cameo appearances from favorites of the series. This was very cute and felt like 2nd epilogues for their stories. I loved how the reader given only bits and pieces of the couple's past a little at a time. It had me glued to the story because I wanted to know what had actually happened between them. Dashwood did a few romantic gestures that will have all the female readers swooning.

All together this book was a sweet and quick comeback into the Spindle Cove series that is perfect before the next book comes out. I was able to finish it in two hours or so and I consider myself a slow reader. I felt like I really got to know the characters well and that made the romantic plot more convincing. I will say the only negative I have from the story comes at the end. I can't give any spoilers but the "Grand Gesture" at the end didn't impress me as much as it did the characters in the book. Oh well, still had a nice time reading it!

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment