in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, November 26, 2015

ARC Review: Jackson by Melissa Foster


Jackson is the third installment in the Wild Boys After Dark series from Melissa Foster. Each book can be read as a standalone, but the characters are interconnected as the series centers around the Wild brothers. I have been waiting to get Jackson's book, especially after the tease we got of him at the end of Heath. I knew that his story would be one I couldn't wait to read since it is about Jackson and his best friend Erica. While I absolutely loved Erica and Jackson together, I will admit that there were a few things here that kept this one from being as good as the previous two books for me personally. 

When Erica Lane's boyfriend of nine months proposes to her on her birthday, she immediately turns to her best friend Jackson. They are set to go on their annual camping trip for her birthday, and she needs him to help get her mind off the proposal. Jackson and Erica quickly jump into bed with one another as they have over the last thirteen years of friendship. Though Erica and Jackson have date others, their friends with benefits pact has remained in effect the entire time since their first hook-up. But with a marriage proposal on the table, everything changes and both Erica and Jackson are left wondering how they can possibly move forward without things being the same between them. Can they figure out a way to let one another go, or will they finally be able to find love in one another?

As I said before, I loved Erica and Jackson together. The friendship and bond these two had was never in question. Neither was their chemistry. These two were seriously hot together, and they knew one another inside and out. There was so much history between Erica and Jackson, and I enjoyed each glimpse of their past and how they became as close as they were here. Both Erica and Jackson were afraid to commit to any one person, but it was clear that if they could it would have been each other. The fact that their feelings were so real and strong was where some of my issues came in, because it was clear just how much each of them meant to one another. I didn't quite understand why they had never made that transition from friends with benefits to full on relationship because they were basically there already. Though they were each with other people at times, neither of them was ever serious about anyone else. 

My other big problem with this whole situation was the fact that I found it to be pretty unbelievable. I didn't understand how Erica could be in a relationship with a guy for nine months that was willing to propose to her, all the while knowing that she was still sleeping with her friend at the same time as him. He didn't have a problem with her going on a camping trip alone with Jackson after he had just proposed, and he had to have known exactly what would happen. It just didn't seem to be realistic to me, and I don't know a single man that would allow that to happen if they felt like the relationship was a serious enough one to propose marriage. As much as I loved Jackson and Erica together and thought that they were perfect for one another, the problems I mentioned and the fact that this one ended so abruptly made this one my least favorite of the series so far. I wanted to love this one so much, but I just wasn't able to like I did with Logan and Heath. I do think that it is worth the read, especially if you have already started the series. There were some really great moments here and these two were hot! But I am hoping that Cooper's story will be more like Logan and Heath's than Jackson's.

**ARC Provided by Tasty Book Tours**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes | 





2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for giving Jackson's book a try, even though it sounds like it wasn't a perfect match for you. Have a wonderful weekend! XOXO

    ReplyDelete