in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, November 5, 2015

ARC Review: I Need a Hero by Codi Gary


I Need a Hero is a cute novella length story that is the start of Codi Gary's new Men in Uniform series. This short and sexy read was fun and had some really great moments. It wasn't my favorite read from Gary, but it was still one that I liked quite a bit. 

After getting into some trouble Sergeant Oliver Martinez is sent to help plan a charity event for the Alpha Dogs Training Program. Just when things appear to be as bad as they can get, Oliver meets the woman that he has to work with, Evelyn Reynolds. Though the attraction between them is instant, Eve is the daughter of General Reynolds, the man that sent Oliver to the program in the first place. Evelyn wants nothing to do with military men, and she definitely doesn't want to get personal with the man helping her plan the event that can help launch her new PR career. But with the chemistry between her and Oliver and them spending more time together, they find it hard to keep things professional and soon are giving into the attraction between them. But is it just a quick fling, or could they have something more? 

I really liked the heat and chemistry between these two, and I felt like Oliver and Eve's attraction was clear right from the start. They definitely wanted each other, even though they both tried to fight it. The one thing I struggled with though was their connection. As much as I wanted to feel more between these two, everything seemed to happen so fast. I wanted to see more feelings developing between them, and I just had a hard time seeing anything real happening besides their physical attraction to one another. I think a lot of that was because of the length of this story and the fact that there were only so many pages to make that happen. Had they previously known each other I think that I might have felt differently, but since they just met here I just don't think there was enough time to really see a strong relationship form. 

I did love Beast though, and I thought that he stole the show. It was a lot of fun to read about him and I enjoyed the Alpha Program which I found really interesting. Beast had a lot of personality and I definitely think that he was the high point here. I wish that I had been able to see more happening between Oliver and Eve, because I think that this story had a lot of potential. I am interested to see where this series goes though as I really like Codi Gary's books and I liked the rest of the characters that were introduced here. I will definitely look for more in this series and from Codi Gary in the future. If you are looking for a short and sexy read I would give this one a shot. It was fun and light, and I think as long as you aren't expecting anything really deep or emotional that it is something most readers will enjoy.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment