in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 4, 2015

ARC Review: Madame X by Jasinda Wilder


When I started reading Madame X, I didn't know what to think. In the first couple of pages I was thinking, 'what in the entire hell is this book about?' I actually put this book down for weeks before I picked it back up and tried again and boy am i glad I did.

I can't give you a synopsis of the plot like I usually do in reviews because this is the sort of book that nothing is exactly what you expect and telling you anything might spoil everything. So I have to kind of give you snapshots of what is really really awesome about this book. First, the question of WHO Madame X really is travels through the story with the characters and will keep you questioning and second guessing until the last page. Then there is the question of just WHO Caleb is and not just who he is but what is he? The Hero or the Villain or maybe even both.

Jasinda Wilder is one of the most adept authors at building characters that I have ever read. This is not my first book by her and I had forgotten just how good she is at what she does.The characters in this book draw you in, they are complex and full of depth. There is honesty in the interactions of the characters even though they are all surrounded by lies. The book is an exploration in raw want and desire and how that transforms people.

Throughout the book Jasinda weaves the theme of identity. It's not just about who are Madame X and Caleb, there is George, Jonathan, Logan and even Thomas. Every character that enters this story requires another look.

Once I got past my initial impatience, this book was thoroughly compelling. This is one of the books that you cannot and do not just put down, you have to know what happens next. I love this book because Jasinda doesn't take the easy way out in the story. Things are not neat and tidy when the book ends and they shouldn't be because after we know what we know about these characters, that would be disingenuous. I HATE that this is the first book in a series. I'm not the girl who hates serials, but in this case I'm dying to know what happens next and I'm irritated beyond reason that I have to wait to find out. Read this book, thank me later!

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | Kobo |


0 comments :

Post a Comment