in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, October 23, 2015

ARC Review: Give Me Yesterday by K. Webster and Elle Christensen


Give Me Yesterday is the first book that I have read from K. Webster and Elle Christensen. Though I knew of both authors before starting, I am embarrassed to say I hadn't read anything from them as individuals or as a writing team. I can tell you that I will definitely be reading more from both of them though as this is one of the best books I have read in a very long time! It was beautiful and heartbreaking, yet filled with love and hope. This is a very emotional read, and I will admit a total ugly cry kind of story. But I wouldn't have changed a single thing about it, and I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good love story.

Victoria Larkin is a divorce attorney that is known to be tough and emotionless. She is ruthless for her clients and has the reputation of being an ice queen. But what most don't know is that she is that way because she lost the future she had planned ten years ago, and along with that loss went her hope for love and happiness. So when an incident at work sends her to a support group to manage her grief, she meets Chase Monroe the leader of the group suffering from his own loss. Though Victoria wasn't looking for anyone, she found that her and Chase understood each other in a way that others didn't. Though Victoria tries to push Chase away at first, he is determined to show her that she can face her past and move forward with her life. But just as Chase and Victoria seem to be approaching the final step in the grief process, the past threatens to ruin everything that they have been building together.

I absolutely adored Chase. He was sweet and funny and a bit forceful in exactly the right way. I know that doesn't make much sense, but he pushed his way into Victoria's life and didn't let her avoid him. He was just what she needed, and though he had to sort of take control he did it in such a caring and positive way. He was struggling with his own pain, yet I loved how he was so great with others around him and what they were dealing with. He was just this great guy that had been through a lot, and he was impossible not to fall in love with. Veronica was so easy for me to relate to. Not that I have experienced what she did, but I saw myself in her a bit in the way she put up walls to try and protect herself. She needed to turn off some of her emotions in order to survive, and it was obvious that while she was getting by she wasn't really living. Beneath her tough facade, she was so vulnerable and Chase really helped her to face things and also to realize that her life had to go on. She deserved happiness just as Chase did, and he helped her to see that. Not only did these two support and encourage one another, but they were also really hot together! They connected so well in absolutely every way and I just couldn't get enough of them. 

Overall, this book was fantastic! I couldn't put it down and read almost straight through. I say almost because I will admit I had to stop a few times to see through the tears. Make sure you have some tissues at the ready before starting this story. Webster and Christensen really brought out all the feels here, and I thought that their writing styles meshed perfectly. It flowed well and the dual POVs were seamless. This is one of the best collaborations I have ever read, and one of my favorite books so far this year. If you are looking for a book about hope, love, heartache and healing this is definitely a must read. I know I will be reading more from these two in the future and I can't wait to see what they write next!

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment