in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

ARC Review: The Fifteenth Minute by Sarina Bowen


The Fifteenth Minute is the fifth book in the Ivy Years Series by Sarina Bowen. It is a standalone story with interconnected characters, so if you haven't read the previous books don't worry about jumping in here.

Lianne Challice is a freshman that wants nothing more than to be a normal college student. But she is known to millions for acting the part of Princess Vindi, and no one wants to let her forget it. When she meets Daniel "DJ" Trevi, she finds herself wanting him like she has never wanted someone before. Though she has been burned in the past, she can't help but find DJ hard to resist. As much as she has going on in her life, she makes it known to DJ that she wants to get to know him better. But DJ knows the timing is wrong as he has his own issues to deal with. As much as he wants Lianne, DJ needs to stay away from her and he can't tell her why. 

I really liked both DJ and Lianne. They both had a lot they were facing and it made their lives very complicated. As much as they liked one another and wanted to get to know each other, that had a huge effect on them. But the chemistry between them was so strong, and the sparks were flying between them whenever they were around each other. I loved that Lianne wasn't your typical actress, and it was so good to see that she had a bit of a geeky side. She was also really great for DJ, and I liked that she didn't give up on him easily. DJ was great for Lianne as well, and he was so into her right from the start. He wasn't after her because she was famous though and it was clear that his feelings were genuine. 

I will say that this book was very slow for me though, and unfortunately it had a tendency to drag. I felt horrible for all that DJ was going through and for what Lianne had to constantly deal with, but I wanted things to pick up a bit. I also felt like the big conflict and reveal were sort of anticlimactic. Everything sort of just disappeared and was resolved with everyone winding up happy. It didn't really work for me with the situation being what it was. Overall, this one had it's enjoyable moments and there were parts that I really liked. But to me this one was just okay when it could have been really great.I liked DJ and Lianne together, but it just fell flat in the end and I was wanting more.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment