in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 18, 2015

ARC Review: Blue Blooded by Shelly Bell


Blue Blooded is a novel in the Benediction Club series. Benediction is a BDSM club where Rachel is reporting on the lifestyle and Logan engages in it. I haven't read any of the other Benediction books and you don't need to, you can start right here. Rachel is an investigative reporter which from this book you might determine to be just a really really nosy person who likes to share what they learn. She is ambitious to a fault and committed to excelling in her career. I liked Rachel's character for the fact that she was smart and determined. I do have a hard time with characters like this because they tend to become caricatures of driven women with no personal lives. Rachel's character was right on the brink but managed to stay on this side of bearable.

Logan is a Dom who likes his ropes. He's ex military and he has a very unique set of skills...or whatever. Logan is brooding and bossy and well, I just loved him. Logan constantly tries to save Rachel from herself. Initially, it doesn't work which is how both of them wind up being framed for murder. Later, through eliciting Rachel's submission he does save her from herself. He saves her from the burden of always being in charge, always thinking and planning and being married to her ambition. This could go left if you're a hardcore feminist, luckily I'm not so I appreciate that anyone who works really hard needs a stress reliever. I loved that Logan showed Rachel a world where she could just let go.

And the sex....OMG, HAWT! I don't even like the rope BDSM stuff but the author did a great job describing it. I really liked the author's descriptions of Rachel's reactions to what Logan did to her. Let's face it, there are only so many ways to write a sex scene but I felt like the author tapped into a nuance in her writing. By giving us such detailed information about how Rachel was feeling, she really brought the scenes to life.

This is a fast paced novel with an underlying mystery and suspense that will keep you intrigued. I love the action scenes and I love the progress of the relationship between Rachel and Logan. I highly recommend this book, especially for all you sex club BDSM fans.

** ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed Rachel and Logan's story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for a great book. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

      Delete