in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, September 14, 2015

ARC Review: Sacked by Jen Frederick


Sacked is the first book in the new Gridiron series from Jen Frederick. This is a standalone new adult sports romance, and I couldn't wait to read it! This book had pretty much everything that I could ever ask for all rolled into one, and I really enjoyed the story. I loved the characters here, and I am really looking forward to reading more in this series. 

Knox Masters is at the top of his game and is looking to go pro at the end of his junior year in college. He knows that winning the championship is all that matters to make sure the scouts watching him make an offer. But when he meets Ellie Campbell, he knows that he wants more than just a successful football career. Ellie isn't interested in being in a relationship with anyone though, and is determined to keep Knox at arm's length. Not only is he a football player and one of her brother's teammates, but Ellie has a secret that she can't allow anyone to discover. Knox is determined to win her over though, and he will do whatever it takes to show her that they belong together. 

I really liked Knox. He was sweet and sexy, and I really liked that he wasn't your typical football player manwhore. He could have had any number of girls, and yet he chose to save himself for the right one. I loved that he was a virgin, yet he wasn't a total prude either. He had some experience, but he got to explore so much for the first time with Ellie and that was something so refreshing. He didn't judge others for their choices either, and that just made him a great guy all around. Ellie was great as well. She was smart and loyal, and I really loved her relationship with her brother. She was into sports and knew the game, and it was fantastic to see a heroine that knew what she was talking about and could hang with the guys. I also loved that she could tell Knox and his twin apart with no help, and that she never got them confused. That was a big deal to Knox and his brother, and I really liked that she never got them mixed up. These two had so much chemistry together, and they were beyond hot! Right from the start I could tell that things were going to be explosive between them, and I loved every bit of it. Seeing them build a connection past just the physical attraction though was something that I really enjoyed, and I really felt like these two were perfect for one another. 

Overall, this was a great story and start to Jen Frederick's new series. I am looking forward to reading more, as I loved all the secondary characters here. There are so many of them that I would love to get to know better, but I would really love to see more of Ellie's brother Jack! I am so curious to see how things go after everything happened here for him, and I find him very interesting. I will say that there were a couple of things that kept me from giving this one five stars though I did really enjoy this story. One was the fact that this story was very heavy on the insta-love. Knox was claiming she was the one on the first day they met, at about 5% in. I just thought that was a bit too much to really get behind. Not that I didn't believe that they would get there, but it was just too soon for me to fully get behind at that point. The other thing that kept this one from being better for me was how the conflict was resolved here. I don't want to go into details so as not to spoil anything, but with the way they went around the issue they were facing it all just felt a bit cheesy for me. It was so easy and sweet, and I just felt like the whole thing was bit off. I would still recommend this one though, and I am looking forward to more. Jen Frederick is a great writer, and I know I will read more from her in the future. If you are a new adult or sports romance fan, this is definitely one worth giving a shot.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment