in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, September 12, 2015

ARC Review: Caged: Trapped by Shay Savage


Trapped is the second book in the Caged series by Shay Savage. Each book is a part of Liam and Tria's story, and these need to be read in order. Though these are full sized novels, they do end with cliffhangers. I really loved Liam in the first book, but I did have some issues with the story overall. I have to say that while there were things to like here as well, I found myself having some of the same problems. I will read the final installment though, as I need to see how things finish for these characters. 

Trapped picks up where Takedown Teague left us, with Liam and Tria in Maine about to experience a weird ritual that is common for her community. Though things get a bit strange, Liam and Tria are working towards something together and are willing to support one another through anything. After returning home, Liam and Tria continue to adjust to life as a couple living together. But just when things appear to be on the right track, Liam's past returns and the unexpected happens leaving him struggling with a way to cope. Knowing that he can't handle what life has thrown his way, Liam turns to the one place he has been able to find escape. 

I have to admit that as much as I loved Liam in the first book, I had some issues this time around. I still really liked him, and I was always rooting for him with Tria. But this time around he wasn't the same as he had been before. He was more short tempered and prone to angry outbursts. He was flat out awful to pretty much everyone he came into contact with, including Tria at times. I just didn't get some of it and it made me start to dislike him. Tria was worse than ever here, and I found myself disliking her more than I did in the first book. At first she was just sort of there and I didn't really feel anything towards her. There was a disconnect, and I couldn't relate to her at all. But in this book she was whiny and insecure, and she also had moments that I thought she reacted poorly. She didn't have all the information when it came to what Liam had been through, yet instead of being supportive she would keep pushing. I just didn't really feel the connection here, and unfortunately I wasn't really seeing what the draw was here for either of them. 

One of my big complaints was the lack of steam in the first book, and I will say there was more in this installment. We finally get to see these two get more comfortable with each other, and yet the lack of connection I felt was the same with their chemistry. I just wasn't feeling the heat or passion between them, and everything that had been building in the previous book seemed to have been lost here. I'm not really sure what happened, but this one began to drag and feel a bit too monotonous at times. I wanted something to spark and really draw me in, but that just didn't happen here. Add that to my previous complaints about the characters and their immature actions, and I just had a tough time really feeling invested here. I will read the final installment, because I have enjoyed parts of this story and I need to see where things will end. But I have to say that so far, I have been left feeling as though something is missing and I just want more than what has been given.

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes | 


0 comments :

Post a Comment