in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Audiobook Review: Lead by Kylie Scott, Narrated by Andi Arndt


Wow. Lead was so damn good and might just be my favorite book in the Stage Dive series so far. I was hooked and couldn't help but laugh while listening to this one.

I'll be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan of Jimmy. In fact when I pretty much hated him when I read/listened to Lick. I thought he was an pompous ass and that he needed to get over himself. Yeah, I can admit that I was completely wrong about Jimmy. Yeah he's still an ass but there were so many more layers to him. He carries a lot of hurt and pain around with him that he disguises with attitude. I love that he let down his walls with Lena.

Oh Lena...I have such a girl crush on her. She is definitely my favorite heroine of the series. She's spunky and cute and I love that she doesn't roll over to Jimmy. She stands up for herself and honestly I couldn't help but smile at those two together. They fight and argue but you get a real sense of the depth of their feelings for one another. You know that it's coming from a place of love (or rather lust at first) and I just couldn't get enough. Seriously, Lena and Jimmy might have been a slow simmer but once things heated up things got hot and quick.

As for the narration I'll admit that I really enjoyed it in this book. I haven't been the biggest fan of this narrator for the previous books but I don't know what it was but she nailed Lena. She brought so much to the character. Lena is very snarky and witty and I feel like Andi Arndt was pretty spot on. I can't imagine anyone else being as good as she was with this book and character.

All in all, Lead was fantastic and I can't wait to see what is in store for Ben. I will say that one thing that I've enjoyed with this series is the band camaraderie and seeing everyone pop up in each book. Sometimes when you read a series and older characters pop up it seems contrived but that definitely isn't the case with this series. You get a real sense of how much everyone cares for one another and I just love the way they interact with each other. This is definitely a book/series that I would recommend.

Purchase: | Audiobook | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment