in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Audiobook Review: Deep by Kylie Scott, Narrated by Andi Arndt


I'm so sad right now, sad that I'm done with this series. I'm not ready for it to be over. From the first book (Lick) to the this one I was hooked and I'm so glad that I picked this series up. Deep was yet another fantastic installment in this series and I felt like it ended the series with a bang. Despite my being sad it's over I am thoroughly happy and satisfied at how things ended up for everyone. I felt like everything was tied up quite nicely.

I admit that Deep had me hooked. Once I started listening to this one I was immersed into the story and I didn't want to stop listening at all. I loved the connection between Lizzy and Ben. Deep is told in several parts and I loved the bits we saw of Lizzy and Ben getting to know one another through text messages. I thought they way they were with one another was so damn cute.

To me Deep seemed a bit less tame than the previous books in the Stage Dive series as far as sexiness goes but don't get me wrong, there were definitely some sexy parts. I just felt like there was this connection between Ben and Lizzy and when they came together it was so much more than just sex.

I adored these two and their journey to their HEA. It definitely wasn't an easy one and it was filled with lots of bumps and bruises but when they finally do come together it was magic.

Ben was such a complex character and to be honest it was hard to get a read on him at times. He's kind of gruff and generally keeps to himself. Unlike the other members of Stage Dive whom we got to know some outside of their books, I went into Deep not really knowing all that much about Ben.

As for Lizzy I felt like she was a much older than her 21 years. She was kind of an old soul and felt like she was such a strong character. She was honest, fierce and loyal and I loved that she didn't shy away from her feelings.

I don't know if it's because I got used to Andi Arndt's voice or is she just came into her own towards the end of the series but once again I felt like she was spot on in this book. She read Deep with so much emotion and depth and just brought Lizzy to life. I just couldn't get enough.

Deep was a fantastic book and I can't wait to read more from Kylie Scott. I highly looking forward to the spin off series and do hope that some of the characters make some cameos because I definitely am not ready to say goodbye to the guys and girls of Stage Dive.

Purchase: | Audiobook | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment