in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

ARC Review: Caged: Released by Shay Savage


Released is the third and final installment in the Caged series by Shay Savage. This is the conclusion to Liam and Tria's story, and picks up after the second book. These need to be read in order, so if you haven't read the previous two books you will want to start there. Even though I have enjoyed parts of these stories, I have also had some issues over the course of all three books. Once I had started though, I had to see it through to see how things would end. 

After the events of Trapped, Liam is left with nothing. He knows he screwed up by yelling at Tria and scaring her, but he sinks further with everything that happens to him. Now he is left alone, with no job and no place to live. He wants nothing more than to get Tria back, but is he willing to make the changes he needs to in order to prove to her that he is worth another shot?

I have liked Liam more than Tria since the beginning of this series. Part of that is that I feel more connected to him than I do with Tria. I think that since we got this story completely from his POV, that is a huge part of it. He really had a lot to deal with in this installment, and he had definitely hit rock bottom. But what I love about Liam is that he knew he had to turn his life around, and his love for Tria helped him to do what it took. He made a lot of progress here, even if it wasn't always quick or easy. Tria continued to drive me nuts, and this book was no exception. I will admit that she had every right to be wary of Liam after how he acted, but I also felt like she was really wishy washy here. She was a mess, and she continued to be whiny and weak and I just found myself unable to connect with her at all. I did feel more of a connection here between Liam and Tria than I had in the previous book, but I didn't like how one minute she was pushing him away and giving him steps to take to prove to her his commitment to being better and then the next she was a disaster and throwing herself at him while balling her eyes out. I just didn't really care for her, and unfortunately that never changed over the course of this series. 

Overall, I think that there were some really good moments over the course of this series and in this book. But if I am being completely honest, this one was a bit of a disappointment for me. It was all over the place, and I just felt like there was too much going on while not enough was happening if that makes any sense. There was the weird community that Tria was from and all that drama, plus the fighting drama, then the family drama with Liam and the drug issues too. It was pretty random, and I felt like it needed to sort of pick something and stick with it. I did like Liam a lot though, even when he made mistakes and acted poorly. For awhile in the second book I was worried if that would be the case by the end, but I thought he really turned things around here. I don't know that I would read this had I known everything I do now, but I am glad that I finished it and found out how everything played out. The ending was satisfying, but this isn't one that I will probably remember or think about again.

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N





0 comments :

Post a Comment