in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Review: The Heir by Kiera Cass


The Heir is book number four in Kiera Cass’s Selection series. Honestly, I was surprised that she continued after the third book because everything seemed finished. So I am going to try to review this without giving spoilers to the end of The One.

Fast forward about twenty years from the end of The One and we find King Maxon and his Queen have four children. Their daughter, Eadlyn, was the first born causing the King and Queen to decide to change the law and not exclude females from taking the thrown. Following Eadlyn, the two had three boys, one of which is Eadlyn’s twin brother, Ahren. There has been some unrest in the kingdom lately so the King and Queen suggest to Eadlyn to have her own selection to find a husband. They think it will distract the kingdom so that they can come up with solutions to the real problems.

Eadlyn is not ok with this turn of events. She reluctantly agrees only to secretly plot ways to scare off all of her suitors. I did not like Eadlyn in the slightest. She is spoiled and rude and judgmental to the extreme. At one point she just surprises the group of selected by marching into their room and humiliating the ones she has picked to leave. Eadlyn’s one saving grace is that she somewhat tries to learn from her mistakes.

I did like a lot of the supporting characters. We see a lot of cameos from the first three books. Some of the selected boys were quite charming, and Eadlyn’s brothers were nice and funny. Ahren in particular was pretty amazing. He is in love with a princess of France, and his devotion to her is so adorable. Sadly, though, his relationship with Camille is the only romance you will find in this book. There really wasn’t romance anywhere else.

I don’t know what it is about these books that keeps me reading. I get so completely frustrated with them but I can’t help myself. I read this one in the space of one day. Something about Keira’s writing is addictive; I just can’t put my finger on what it is. It reminds me of the way I feel about the Twilight series. The books were honestly horrible, but I couldn’t stop myself once I started.

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |



0 comments :

Post a Comment