in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, May 18, 2015

ARC Review: Sincerely, Carter by Whitney Gracia Williams


I have become a huge fan of Whitney G.'s and I couldn't wait to read Sincerely, Carter! I love a good friends to lovers story, especially when it comes to two people who have been friends since childhood. Whitney definitely didn't disappoint with this story, and I really liked these characters. Their story was fun and interesting, and I really liked the connection they had. 

Arizona Turner and Carter James have been best friends since fourth grade (fifth according to Carter). Though they have been close since then, nothing has ever happened between them. While Arizona tends to over-think her relationships and even keeps a spreadsheet to keep track of her compatibility results, Carter tends to jump right in with his relationships typically maxing out at 6 months. But as they get closer to graduation and their lives begin to change, so do their feelings. One night everything changes, and they both begin to wonder if they are still just friends. 

As I said before I really liked these two and the friendship that they had. They were so great together, and I loved that they could talk about anything. They were always there for one another no matter what, and their bond was unbreakable. Carter and Arizona knew each other through and through, in a way that no one else knew them and it was easy to see how others on the outside would be threatened by their friendship. They were a lot of fun to read about, and I liked seeing them figure things out with one another. They were facing completely new feelings and how to act around one another, and I loved every bit of that. They also had great chemistry together, and I liked how compatible they were when it came to sex as well. It was clear that the sex together was so much greater than anything they had ever experienced before, and that was due to the feelings between them that had developed over a lifetime of knowing one another. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this story as I have with everything I have read from Whitney. And I know you are probably wondering why just four stars instead of five with everything I loved about this book. The reason I couldn't give this one a full five stars was because I felt like the feelings of more than friendship between each of them was too sudden. It was instant and random, and completely out of nowhere. Carter is with friends and they see her walking towards them and he literally sees her differently. I just felt like that was a bit unrealistic and there was no apparent reason for the sudden new way of seeing one another. It wasn't spurred on by jealously or someone else, and there was really no progression from friends to more in their thoughts. The actual transition to acting on those feelings took a bit more time, but the feelings themselves were what I thought happened too rapidly. I still really liked this story and Carter and Arizona, and I definitely recommend anything by Whitney G. I just would have preferred to see these two change their feelings a bit more naturally than the insta-love sort of way. I will definitely be reading more from Whitney in the future though, and I can't wait for more from her!

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iBooks





0 comments :

Post a Comment