in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, May 10, 2015

ARC Review: Rules of the Game by Lori Wilde


Rules of the Game is the second book in Lori Wilde's Stardust, Texas series. Each book can be read as a standalone story, but the characters are interconnected. This one was a really sweet and fun book, and I enjoyed reading it. Lori Wilde is a great contemporary romance writer, and I always enjoy her stories. If you are looking for a great quick and easy read, you really can't go wrong with Lori Wilde.

After being dumped at the alter and turning 30, Jodi Carlyle decides its time to face her fears and move forward with her life. She gets dressed up and crashes a wedding. Needing some help after she forgets the invitation she stole from her sister, Jodi catches the eye of a sexy stranger. Jake wants to get to know Jodi better, but she gives him a fake name and refuses to let him get to know the real her. She decides a fling is exactly what she needs and Jake is the perfect person for one. But after they go their separate ways, Jodi thinks that is the last she will see of him. But little does she know that he is the new star of the Dallas Gunslingers, and also the best man at her sister's wedding. Can Jake and Jodi turn their fling into something more? 

I really liked Jake. He was sweet and charming. I thought he was great from the very start, and the more I got to see of him the more I liked. I loved that he was so determined to get to know Jodi, even when she wasn't giving him much to go on. She gave him a fake name and tried to end their time together, but he kept pushing for more. It was refreshing to see the guy pursuing the girl, when in romance you so often see it from the other side. Jake had been through a lot, and it was good to see him wanting more after everything he had been through. Jodi had some issues and was trying to move forward with her life just like Jake. They had different ways of going about it, but they were both after basically the same thing. I think that was what made these two so great together, was that they could connect because they both had painful things they were struggling with in their pasts. They were just surviving before, and trying to figure out a way to start living again. Jake and Jodi were great for one another, and I really enjoyed seeing them fall for one another. It was good to see Jodi come out of her shell and I thought that Jake was such a big part of that. These two had a lot of chemistry and were really cute together. 

Overall, I thought that this was another good read from Lori Wilde. It was fun and entertaining, and a good read for when you are looking for something light and easy. While the characters are struggling with issues, Lori Wilde has a way of keeping things upbeat and I really like that. I know that I can sit down and just spend a few hours enjoying a good story without it being dark or filled with drama and angst. Her books always leave me feeling happy and in a good mood. There are times when the dialogue and story got a little cheesy for me, but I like the sweetness so it isn't that big of a deal for me. I would recommend this book if you are a fan of contemporary romance, especially if you like a good sports romance. Lori Wilde never disappoints, and I know I will read more from her in the future.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iBooks | 




3 comments :

  1. I haven't read a Lori Wilde book yet, but I am stockpiling romances for summer reading. I look forward to trying one of her books and may have to start with the first in this series. Thank you for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review. I also enjoyed this one quite a bit as well, and I just adore this author...she always delivers a solid romance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of Lori's, so of course this one is on my list! Loved the first book in the series, Back in the Game!

    ReplyDelete