in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

ARC Review: Dragon's Lair by Chantal Fernando


In the spirit of full disclosure, I'm a sucker for MC romance but if you know me, you also know that I'm a picky B when it comes to books so you can believe me when I tell you, this was good.

This book in super fast spoiler-free rewind: Faye and Dex have known each other since childhood. Faye is from a cold family that disowns her when she gets "involved" with Dex. Dex is now "Sin" and he's the VP of a bad A MC. Throw in the fact that Dex is the estranged brother of Faye's sorry butt ex, the MC is embroiled in a war and Faye is dealing with a....situation and bombs away. We have ourselves a story.

My absolute favorite thing about this book is the humor. I vacillate between what I like more sex or humor. Ok, that's an exaggeration, sex wins every time but humor is a close (or short distant) second and this book delivered. Faye has a wonderful deadpan sense of humor that I thoroughly enjoyed. She says almost everything that pops into her head and since I too suffer from that particular disorder, I could dig it.

The story is entertaining. It moves through the twists and turns of Faye and Dex's developing relationship including the internal and external threats to their connection and it is true to the MC form. I have read a couple of books recently that just throw dudes in who ride bikes and beat people up and call themselves MC romance. They need to knock it off and rest assured that is not the case with DL. This is a true MC romance that gives you the view of club life that makes these books uniquely compelling.

The book has great supporting characters. I especially enjoyed the dialogue between Faye and the other club members. I like the fact that the beginning of other story lines with supporting characters appears in this book without being too intrusive or feeling like the author was trying to hard to preview future material.

Oh yeah Dex- Dex didn't give me as much. A singular POV in a book, in this case Faye's POV, can be limiting. As a result my sense of Dex just isn't as well developed. I like him though, he's alphaish with a bad temper. That's pretty much all I need to sign on the dotted line...I mean if there was a dotted line.

My only criticism of the story line was that nothing about Faye being a law student is a realistic representation of that life for a law student in the United States. I went to law school and you can't distinguish a tort from a torte until....well the bar exam...if you're lucky. Under no circumstances can a first year law student give you legal advice. So if you read this book and you know a first year, don't even think about it. If you didn't go to law school, the complete lack of credibility in that part of the story probably wont phase you at all.

In summary: I really enjoyed this book, I recommend it for MC romance readers and I CANNOT WAIT FOR ARROW"S HELL.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |



0 comments :

Post a Comment