in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, May 28, 2015

ARC Review: 21 Stolen Kisses by Lauren Blakely


If you have read any of my past reviews, you will know that I am a fan of Lauren Blakely's. I love her books, and I always find myself falling for her sweet and sexy heroes. 21 Stolen Kisses was great, but it was a bit different than anything I have read by her before. The characters are younger here, and the story is not as steamy as she typically writes. But I still loved this book and the characters, and there was something really sweet and refreshing about this book! 

Kennedy and Noah started off as acquaintances that turned into friends. But their friendship grew into more, and they fought the feelings that they each felt. Their relationship was forbidden for more than one reason, the biggest being the eight year age difference. While that isn't a big deal later in life, Kennedy was 17 and in high school with Noah being 26 and already out of college. Forced to end their relationship before it really had a chance, Noah and Kennedy find themselves drawn to one another again and unable to stay away from each other. But with Kennedy getting ready to head to college and still dealing with the results of her parent's disastrous marriage and divorce, can Kennedy and Noah have a chance at making a relationship work?

I loved these characters, but Noah was by far one of the sweetest book boyfriends I have ever read. Seriously I think Noah might be the sweetest and best guy ever, and the love he felt for Kennedy was so true and unending that I couldn't help but fall for him! He was kind and thoughtful, understanding and supportive. His feelings never wavered, he didn't cause drama, and he loved Kennedy unconditionally. I really cannot go into enough reasons why he might just be the greatest book boyfriend of all time, but trust me when I tell you that he is worth the read alone! Kennedy was struggling with how to deal with things that no child should ever be forced to. Her parents divorced because her mother is a serial cheater and can't keep from seeking out married and unavailable men for brief and very inappropriate flings. Unfortunately Kennedy got sucked into helping her mother lie and cover up for her affairs, and I felt so bad for her. She felt an enormous amount of guilt, and it really messed with her. But her love for Noah was exactly what she needed to show her that not all love is toxic, and I was so glad that she had him to lean on along with her friends. Noah was so great for Kennedy, and I really loved that they clicked on every single level. Their relationship wasn't instant, and it developed so naturally. These two had so much in common, and honestly their relationship didn't seem forbidden to me because it was so clear that they belonged together.

Overall, I really loved this book. I loved Noah and Kennedy, and I found their story sweet and refreshing. There was something so amazing to me about a young couple that just clicked and got along so well. Their interests were so similar and they really spoke the same language when it came to their love for Broadway. It was great that they could talk about the Broadway shows and speak to each other in lyrics from show tunes, but Lauren did it in such a way that it was adorable rather than cheesy. I loved Kennedy's love of found hearts, and how Noah would send them to her so she would know he was always thinking of her. These two didn't behave like a new couple finding love for the first time, or a typical NA couple that couldn't talk or communicate their feelings. They behaved like they had always been together and in love, because their connection was that strong that they just went together as if that had always been meant for one another. I never can pick a favorite book of Lauren's, because with each new book she writes I find myself falling for another set of characters and they are all so unique and beautiful that you really can't compare them. I think 21 Stolen Kisses is a great story, and I know that I will definitely be reading this one again in the future. I highly recommend this sweet story if you are looking for something new and different. Noah make's this book a must read, and you will find yourself swooning and falling in love right along with him and Kennedy.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iBooks | 





1 comments :

  1. Great review! I got this one but haven't had time to read it yet!

    ReplyDelete