in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

ARC Review: Intercepted by Emma Hart


Intercepted is the third and final book in Emma Hart's By His Game series. This series centers around the Vipers football players and their girls, and each book an be read as a standalone. While I have really enjoyed Emma's books in the past, I will admit that this series has been sort of up and down for me. While I liked things about the previous two books, I also had some issues with them. That being said, Intercepted was my favorite of the series! This book was really good, and I thought it was the best of the series. Reid was so easy to fall for, and I just loved him! 

After finding pictures of her boyfriend and her best friend together, Everleigh heads back home to LA leaving NY behind. She left for college years before, leaving behind her best friend and the man she loved. Reid North is four years older than Ever, and although she always liked him she knew that she had to leave. Reid was left heartbroken when Ever left him without saying goodbye, he had always planned on telling her that he loved her but was never given the chance. But now he is a single father of a young boy and is a successful wide receiver for the Vipers. When Ever shows back up, he wants answers for why she left all those years before. But he also wants the shot with her that he never got, and he isn't willing to let her go this time. But with years apart and their exes suddenly back in the picture, things are more complicated than ever. 

Reid was amazing, and I honestly loved him. He had been hurt by Ever, but it was clear that his feelings for her never wavered. He tried to move forward with his life, but his main focus was always his son. I was so glad that while he wanted Ever and never stopped loving her, he didn't let it stop him from living his life. I loved that Reid was determined to show Ever that they belonged together and didn't give up on her. Ever was a bit stubborn at times and Reid definitely had his work cut out for him. But he knew her better than anyone, and he didn't let her get away will pulling the crap she normally would. I loved Ever, even when she frustrated me. She was funny and sarcastic, and I liked how witty she was. She didn't care what others thought, and she was such a unique character. I liked seeing her fall back into being friends with Reid, but also how she took the friendship and moved beyond that with him. She was great with Reid and with his son Leo, and I was happy to see that they didn't rush things. She knew that Leo needed stability and she had to ease herself into being with both Reid as well as being around Leo full time. Reid and Ever had a great friendship and had always wanted one another even if they never acted on it, so the progression from friends to more was so natural. These two were great together, and it was easy to see that they always belonged to one another. 

Overall, this book was what I have come to know and expect from Emma Hart. It was a really good story with likable characters that you feel invested in. There were a few times that Ever frustrated me and I felt like she handled things poorly, but then again so did Reid. These two were dealing with a lot that most people never have to go through, and it was easy to see that they were doing what they could. Part of it was their age, so even while it drove me nuts it seemed real and believable. I liked seeing previous characters, but Reid and Everleigh were definitely my favorites of the entire series. Leo stole the whole show though, and it was impossible not to love the adorable little kid. I liked his relationship with Reid, but it even better seeing them form such a bond as family with Ever. I liked the previous books, but I would definitely recommend this book if you are going to pick one from the series to read. This book was entertaining, and I can't wait to read more from Emma Hart in the future.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment